Daughter accused me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughter accused me

Of raping her when she was a child, first off I'd never do anything like that in my life.

I've looked everywhere it says life in prison if found guilty is this true as life in prison for a crime I did not commit is well I think I'd rather die, I've no way to prove my innocence it's my word against hers and not got faith in a coin toss on my life basically.

Am I looking at life in prison?
    Does that mean 25 years behind bars?
    What it I just gave up the fight and went guilty when I'm not? How long would that be inside?

I'm so messed up I feel like ending it all

If anyone could answer any of them questions be great there really worrying me not knowing
    Thanks in advance

Take a look at this, page 27 onwards -

http://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/...eline-web3.pdf

The maximum is a life sentence but the general range is 6-19 years.

If you are not guilty, please DON'T plead guilty. You are not guaranteed to go to jail for life even if convicted, but there is no hope of not spending time in jail if you plead guilty. If you are not guilty and defend yourself thoroughly and properly there is every chance you will be acquitted.

That's what is supposed to happen, and it does! The prospect of a wrongful conviction is terrifying I know, but don't give in. Pleading guilty when you are not is a lie and the last thing you want to be is a convicted sex offender when you did nothing wrong.
    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

A sad welcome Have a good read of this forum.
      Whilst you are doing that you will see common themes emerge.
      [1] If you are innocent, you are. Stay that way. Do not plead anything else.
      [2] No interviews anywhere to anyone especially Police without a Duty Solicitor. No exceptions
      [3] Prepare for a long & occasionally very stressful time. You know you are innocent, so trust to that.
      [4] Accept that the Police are not impartial - they will hide evidence of innocence & promote evidence of guilt. You are just a scalp. Nothing personal.
      [5] Continue to read the forum
      [6] Work out why this was said....there will be a reason & only you can find it.
      [7] Find out who your friends are - you will need them

You will be stressed but having gone through this + libel & slander + divorce + child custody issues, throwing yourself over the edge is a permanent solution to a temporary problem The emotional "swamping" will pass. I have considered it on more than once occasion in the 11 months this who saga has been going on (for me). Accept that you will break down. You will be a mess. You will burst into tears at the sight (in my case) of a child's toy (like one my daughter had). No-one will judge you for falling down. You can get up again when you feel ready. Of that have no doubt.

Come back to the forum often. You are & never will be, alone.
      Kindest regards
      Mr B

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
        Take a look at this, page 27 onwards -

http://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/...eline-web3.pdf

The maximum is a life sentence but the general range is 6-19 years.

If you are not guilty, please DON'T plead guilty. You are not guaranteed to go to jail for life even if convicted, but there is no hope of not spending time in jail if you plead guilty. If you are not guilty and defend yourself thoroughly and properly there is every chance you will be acquitted.

That's what is supposed to happen, and it does! The prospect of a wrongful conviction is terrifying I know, but don't give in. Pleading guilty when you are not is a lie and the last thing you want to be is a convicted sex offender when you did nothing wrong.

Does 6-19 years mean in prison or is that full sentence and you do 1/2 or 2/3 of the 6-19 years as quoted above.

Comment

So far as I know, the 6-19 years is the sentence and 'time off for good behaviour and served on licence' comes off that.

However, pleading not guilty and defending yourself so that you get the correct result - an acquittal - means that you would serve no time in prison at all. An innocent person should not be spending a single day in prison.
          'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Depends on the sentencing judge and what Act you are sentenced under. Some people serve half of the sentence in prison and the rest "on the out" under supervision of probation (I think until 3/4s of the sentence). Others serve 2/3rd and then the rest (up to 3/4s I think) under supervision....

Obviously if they misbehave in prison then they can have extra time added for that.
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
            X