On bail for rape ex had already admitted her statement is a lie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On bail for rape ex had already admitted her statement is a lie

Hi everyone, I was arrested just over a couple of months ago. Later this month I returned of bail and told there had been further allegations made against me of rape and sexual assault.

During this time me and my ex have been going to court for contact so I could see my children and the last time at court my ex told me she was "really sorry".
    Due to my bail conditions I didn't speak to her and just ignored her, but after court she was waiting outside to try and talk to me. I didn't and walked off.

The following day a family member picked up the children for contact and my ex broke down and said she was really sorry for what she had said, and that she had tried to stop the statement as it was made in anger but now the Police wont even talk to her.

I have told my solicitor and they have informed me to tell her to get independent legal advice but I have no idea how to relay this.

She has now dug a hole so deep she doesn't know how to get out of it.

If anyone know what the next steps are please let me know.

I have no experience of this, sorry!
    Do you have an intermediary in the court proceedings?
    Someone who speaks to both parties in the family court?
    If you speak to them, they could advise her what to do next.
    They may have a solicitor she could get advise from?
    I really don't know how this works.
    I'm sure you having contact with her is not a good idea, and you've done the right thing walking away.
    Don't be drawn into a conversation about it with her directly.
    Sorry I can't give any accurate answers!
    Someone else may well come along
    YoH

Comment

Dear DN

Stick to your bail conditions at all costs. I hope they permit Court dealings with your ex - mine originally did not.
      Hence I was in a vexation position of being in divorce proceedings, unable to respond to the Divorce Court as the Criminal Court forbade any direct or indirect contact. Fortunately common sense prevailed & the conditions changed.

Re Children Act Matters - you could research s16.4 Children's prespresentation + s7 (CAFCASS reports) + S25 (Psych profiles).

As for the Ex - get legal advice.

For what it is worth I hope it helps.

M

Comment

Originally posted by Mr B View Post
        Dear DN

Stick to your bail conditions at all costs. I hope they permit Court dealings with your ex - mine originally did not.
        Hence I was in a vexation position of being in divorce proceedings, unable to respond to the Divorce Court as the Criminal Court forbade any direct or indirect contact. Fortunately common sense prevailed & the conditions changed.

Re Children Act Matters - you could research s16.4 Children's prespresentation + s7 (CAFCASS reports) + S25 (Psych profiles).

As for the Ex - get legal advice.

For what it is worth I hope it helps.

M
        I've not had any contact with my ex for months and don't intend on talking to her. I know that the Social Worker and CAFCASS have been told by my ex that her statement was false.
        I know she is seeking advice from a solicitor and is writing a statement to give to the Police setting out she made the statement in anger and none of it is true.

I have legal representation from a solicitor for dealings with the children.

Its all complete madness knowing your innocent and still being investigated.

Thanks for the replies I can't thank you enough.

Comment

Dear DN - There is FB group called (please forgive the capitals as it is essential to get this right) PARENTAL ALIENATION (UK) SUPPORT AND HELP - literally as I have typed it. I have checked to be sure (memory as well as other organs failing ;-)). Have a look. Any problems PM me & I will send the link. It is a closed group.

Best of outcomes for you. Come back often.

Kindest regards
          Mr B

Comment

Working...
          X