Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone arrested for alledged child sexual abuse no further actioned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone arrested for alledged child sexual abuse no further actioned?

Just wondering whether there is anyone on here who has been arrested after allegations of child sexual abuse and received an outcome of no further action? Or if anyone's partner has?

Can't help thinking that partner is more likely to end up charged because the allegation is for a child and spanning 4 years from age 11-15.

I know people are going to say no one knows, be positive etc but I am just trying to be realistic and prepare ourselves.

If you read through other posts you will see that some members were NFAd
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thanks RF I have read through all posts before but couldn't remember what had been NFA in relation to children. Currently without computer so won't be rereading at the minute as hard work on my phone (fault of my phone I think) haha

Comment

My OH was accused of sexual assault of a girl who would've been 14 at the time and also accused of rape of another girl who would've been 16.
        He was told NFA.
        2 accusers, friends.
        Both had axe to grind.
        We were sure it would go all the way!
        However NFA was decided.
        I think you just never know!!
        Such a lottery.
        Sorry it's not much comfort!
        YoH

Comment

Hello, to be perfectly honest it doesnt really matter whether someone is accused by an adult or a child if the CPS feel they have enough to possibly secure a conviction they will take it to court either way even if they have reason to believe the accuser is lying. Like others have said it almost seems like a lottery. But try not to over think it and start believing the worst because the accuser is/was a child. And if it does go all the way remember that most people have experience with children so jurors will be fully aware that children do lie even if it's just about who ate the last sweet! Good luck I wish you all the best.

First time using the site I apologise if I have accidentally done anything I shouldn't x

Comment

Hey Broken Hearted, new to the site and have followed your story.
            My story mirrors yours nearly to a tee, we were told my OH would unlikely be charged due to lack of evidence but guess what happened?
            Even if it had been nfa we'd have been wrapped up with social services as we have kids together
            He currently can't see his children unless supervised
            SL

Comment

Dear BH I was falsely & maliciously accused of CSA (by the wife), arrested within 3 weeks of arrest divorce proceedings started, within 4 weeks libel & slander, within 12 weeks of arrest NFA's. What do you need to know? I will help if I can but suffering a bit of a low patch as I have no seen my alienated daughter (5 years old) since Dec 2015.

To go from active & involved Dad to a line on a bank statement is somewhat harsh when you are innocent. However others have fared far far worse.

Mr B

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for your messages.

Years of hell assume clue is in your name but how long was it before you guys got nfa? It is of some confort as concern is that cps when it eventually gets there will not want to take any chances and send it to trial. Glad you got the outcome that you did.

Blackw I don't think you have done anything you aren't supposed to haha. Yes I know about cps taking any case if they think there is a chance for conviction just do have the worry as said above of them not wanting to take the risk with it being a child. The child in question is my teenage daughter which makes it even more crappy. Think we all would have coped better if it had been a stranger that made the allegation still would have been so difficult but not caused the family fallout the same it just would have been different.

Surreallife I'm so sorry to hear assume that you mean he has been charged. If you feel like you want to share any more of your story I will always be happy to listen. How far through process are you both? He has been on bail for 6 months now. I know what you mean as even if got a nfa here it will change everything. It seems that nfa, not guilty and guilty verdicts all have outcomes of varying degrees of **** due to the no smoke without fire opinions.

Thanks mr B sorry you are struggling at the moment I know you have a lot going on. Was just trying to poll really to see if people accused of it do sometimes get nfa with similar allegations. Just trying to be realistic. Scared of a charge landing just before Christmas which will already be **** enough as it is!

Comment

We've had serious problems from the family of one of the girls for nearly 7 years.
                  Hence the name.
                  But my OH was questioned in February last year, voluntary interview.
                  Arrested in June after her friend "bravely" came forward.
                  NFA just before Christmas last year.
                  So "only" 10 months from interview.
                  Phones and computers were not seized though, and I understand the forensic process takes a very very long time.
                  Hang in there!
                  YoH

Comment

Hello again, feel free to tell me to mind my own business but I find its common for there to be a motive in situations like this and its always good to figure out one incase someone decides to ask the annoying question of "why would they lie".

Ive just read through a couple of your posts and I can't help but notice you have mentioned on more than one occasion you were trying for a baby? Could this of upset your daughter and made her feel jealous?

It must be awful to be in a situation like this with your family being ripped apart I can't begin to imagine how torn you feel. Well done for being so strong and getting through every x

Comment

Motive in my case was the perception that a Child Sexual Abuse conviction (wrongful as it is totally false & malicious) would lead to "conduct" in divorce.

The "conduct" being so extreme that a divorce court would be wrong NOT to recognise it. Hence FA - the wife, could petition for 100% of my assets.

By way of experience my Barrister had previously represented another soul who was convicted (rightly to wrongly I cannot comment) & the wife DID get 100% of his assets. So it does happen.

Pure love of money - the root of all evil.

Forget the child & the impact all this has on her. I still cannot readily believe there is such psychopathologically ill people out there but there are.

Mr B
                      PS: I was NFA's in 3 months which is fast as allegation failed the Police internal "Threshold" test - hence no report to CPS. Once to CPS expect >3 months...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr B View Post
                        Motive in my case was the perception that a Child Sexual Abuse conviction (wrongful as it is totally false & malicious) would lead to "conduct" in divorce.

PS: I was NFA's in 3 months which is fast as allegation failed the Police internal "Threshold" test - hence no report to CPS. Once to CPS expect >3 months...
                        I was wondering about this - i.e. whether all reported SO's go to the CPS for a charging decision. I guess not then - have you come across a police threshold policy document if there are such things on your travels by the way?
                        Congratulations on your NFA.

Comment

Looks like the Police execute an in-house facsimile of this:
                          https://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/...threshold.html
                          Hence my fast NFA.

However being spurned by the original NFA the FA has come back with another statement > more evidence of a very graphic nature > Second ABE without my knowledge > no actionable disclosure. So it is never over - more evidence can always come to light (even if manufactured)

Reminds me of Red Dwarf Episode "Back to Reality" - a bill poster in a garage proclaims "Inform on your Friends & Family - great prizes to be won!" In my case all my entire worldly possessions & my daughter...

Wow....

Comment

Broken Hearted, I'm in a different jurisdiction so our timescales aren't the same as the UK, but we're coming up for one year. We're just waiting on court dates now. Completely torn and have spent most of the past year in tears
                            SL

Comment

I can understand SurrealLife. Have a from me. Al I can offer. Homeless & penniless that I am. However I have friends...
                              Mr B

Comment

Working...
                              X