Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was wondering as it has not been mentioned , , anyone been watching "National Treasure" with Robbie Coltrane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was wondering as it has not been mentioned , , anyone been watching "National Treasure" with Robbie Coltrane?

I was wondering as it has not been mentioned ,has anyone been watching "National Treasure" with Robbie Coltrane channel 4 Tuesday nights ?

I have to say it is well acted and seems well researched in particular how the police where talking to his daughter in Episode 2 this week , where they where basically trying to fill her head with lots of rubbish of if's and maybe's , for those that have not watched the show , it is about a famous person accused of historic rape on various women and a child of 15 years old , his daughter has issues mentally , the police in the show where doing a good job on her that much is for sure.

I am not sure how the whole show will play out , but it is worthy piece of well acted / semi realistic bit of TV drama .

Hi Soulbug
    Yes Ive been watching it, how could I not. It is well acted but I do think it is slightly glossed over slightly just how horrific it is to be FA of such an abhorrent thing. It will be very interesting to see how it plays out and what the outcome is.
    There was another 2 part documentary on BBC2 last night Murder at the station which was very interesting and quite disturbing about Inside Justice looking into ROger Kearney who is in HMP for murder and continues to plead innocence and is trying to get CCJ system to reopen case with new evidence.

It was quite gripping towards the end where Inside Justice find evidence to relook at case with new Forensic testing for DNA wnich wasnt avaialble in 2009 to find the Police decided to destroy the evidence and no longer have it to help prove/disprove his innocence. No apparent real reason for doing so as it is normal,practice to keep that sort of evidence for 30 years or as long as he serves in Hmp. Apparently theyve now put procedures in place to ensure this doesnt happen in future. Not much help in this case though. Apparently a further copy of this evidence should be stored by police somewhere again currently cant be found

I felt so disappointed that had the evidence been kept it would have helped resolve the situation.

Thought the presenter investigating from Inside Justice was very good though. Well worth a watch.
    Last edited by Staystrong1; 29 September 2016, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Indeed , I watched the BBC2 show also , very insightful , how the Police could destroy evidence in a murder case totally belittles the fact the accused still had legitimate avenues for appeal , especially considering all the evidence against him was completely circumstantial , he was convicted on a theory ......But the end of the 2nd show , the last 60 seconds or so , where really quite haunting , in no way do I want to belittle the end of the show , but I grew up in the 70's and 80's , my mind was totally taken back to the closing scene from Raiders of the lost Ark , the scene where they are archiving the lost ark into a warehouse , the scene pans out to show the sheer size of the warehouse.

The 2 part show is well worth a watch for people that have not seen it .

Comment

brilliant viewing.
        Recommended Solicitors --- www.arcadianlaw.com
        Proven results for people accused of False Allegations

Comment

Working...
        X