Impending prosecution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impending prosecution

Hi I have had false allegations raised by an ex and am on bail without charge, I have had checks done with the police as part of the family matters regarding cafcass and they used the words 'impending prosecution'.

Now I haven't been charged and have not even informed and my bail date is still 2 months away, would they let a 3rd party know before me? Or could cafcass be using the wrong wording as I am worried now and haven't done the alleged offence yet these words came back on the checks that cafcass said they did however they haven't told me directly the police which makes me confused as I would have assumed they would tell me first not for cafcass to tell me unless cafcass are wrong?

Does anyone know how the wording inpedning prosecution could be used if I am not told?

Please someone advise as I am so stressed right now and all I did was leave the lady as she was abusive to me

Hi there
    I think its highly unlikely they would tell social services/ cafcass before you but they would tell them as a third party that you are under investigation due to an allegation so dont go into a panic although I know from experience that you would. Unfortunately due to nature of these allegations you are hyper sensetive. The police have an obligation where children come into the equation to let social service and Cafcass know whats been alleged against you. If charged they will let them know this but I do thonk it would be the same time or slightly after you. Stay strongx

Comment

I don't know anything about Cafcass I'm afraid.
      But this could just be wording.
      The police are investigating an alledged offence with a view to prosecution, otherwise why bother doing an investigation.
      As far as they're concerned there's a impending prosecution because they have an allegation.
      It wouldn't necessarily mean you will be prosecuted.

And if you are charged (and it's still an IF) you then have the opportunity to clear your name. It's not the end of the story or a forgone conclusion!

I know it's hard but try not to panic.

Someone with experience with Cafcass will hopefully be along soon.
      Hang in there!

YoH

Comment

It's just a phrase they use. If it is NFAd then ask them to amend their records....
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thanks guys I really appreciate the help.

I can't understand how a third party would know before me.

I have also emailed the officer but if as RF says it's just a phrase used I may try and calm down as my hearts beating at 100 miles an hour.

This is ruining my life and if it was true that I was to be charged I personally would request the case brought forward so I can start defending as I know I haven't done it and want to deal with it sooner as it is affecting my children and family too.

Not sure if it is true I can ask to be charged (even though I am innocent) just to get it all over wth and expose the lies in court

Comment

I wasn't charged straight away, it means nothing really, just focus on your version of events, and scour social media to look for anything which backs up what you say.
            (free) legal assistance | sentencing guidelines

I've been there, so I know what you are going through, keep strong.

Comment

Thanks for that but does it mean I will be charged or maybe not I'm so stressed and thank you everyone for your help it's such a hard spot to be in and to think I loved this person and yes I am scouring and have a couple pieces if needed but I hope I dot get charged in the first place hence asking if impending prosecution meant a charge was coming

Thanks again all

Comment

I'm no legal professional, but the police have their targets, so the chances are you will be charged if an allegation has been made of sexual assault or rape against you. It is all so the police can be seen to be doing their job, and to ensure as they put it no mistakes are made.
                (free) legal assistance | sentencing guidelines

I've been there, so I know what you are going through, keep strong.

Comment

As this site will show, some people are NFAd. I would say it would be equal: NFA / Charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                    As this site will show, some people are NFAd. I would say it would be equal: NFA / Charge.

Thanks Rights Fighter

Comment

Expect the worst so if it happens it's not a shock. Start collection your evidence and writing down memories relating to the time of the alleged events. Get together with supporters who knew you and the accuser back then and get them to add their memories - it could help you in the future.

NEVER give this info to the police, as they may well go back to the accuser who has told them something different, and s/he will change his or her story to suit.

Comment

As with RF above. Do not trust the Police. I would also say do not trust the School / Social Services or Caffcass. Watch you "friends" as some will turn.

I phoned the Samaritans in distress & asked them what would to do. They said "See it from you False Accusers point of view". I was livid at that response. However it held true. I put myself in her mental state, her point of view. Discovered her motivation & built a "mental model" that explains (to me) why she has done this. I will then communicate this model in a FFH soon. It may not do me any favours, but it is as a close a version to the truth given the situation that I can produce.

You have to be careful not to loose yourself. I have 7 very good friends (who I did not know how good they were until I needed them) who brought me back from this analysis. Do not do it alone. Understand the motivation, understand what the FA has used, seek out the sources. Something will turn up in your favour. Be careful.

Best of Luck
                        Mr B

Comment

Originally posted by Mr B View Post
                          As with RF above. Do not trust the Police. I would also say do not trust the School / Social Services or Caffcass. Watch you "friends" as some will turn.

I phoned the Samaritans in distress & asked them what would to do. They said "See it from you False Accusers point of view". I was livid at that response. However it held true. I put myself in her mental state, her point of view. Discovered her motivation & built a "mental model" that explains (to me) why she has done this. I will then communicate this model in a FFH soon. It may not do me any favours, but it is as a close a version to the truth given the situation that I can produce.

You have to be careful not to loose yourself. I have 7 very good friends (who I did not know how good they were until I needed them) who brought me back from this analysis. Do not do it alone. Understand the motivation, understand what the FA has used, seek out the sources. Something will turn up in your favour. Be careful.

Best of Luck
                          Mr B

Thank you Mr B very good post and very appreciated I will follow this

Comment

So I have heard back from cafcass and they said the exact wording on the police report states impending prosecution but I have not been charged or know of any charge just bailed to return

Comment

Originally posted by Ireallydidntdoit View Post
                              So I have heard back from cafcass and they said the exact wording on the police report states impending prosecution but I have not been charged or know of any charge just bailed to return
                              Just heard back from the police impending prosecution doesn't mean anything i am not charged and they blame it on a dated pnc computer jargon so it means zilch phew . My case still needs to be reviewed by the cps and I will be informed first

Thanks guys hope this helps others stressing like me

Comment

Working...
                              X