Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help and advice

Hi there
    I was charged for raping a woman over 16.
    And I've been through a court trial and the jury found me not guilty.
    I am worried for my crb check.
    Could you please tell me that my crb (dbs)
    Is Going to be clear or is it going to be any bad impact on it.??
    Many thanks

DBS Check

Hello Rayn,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you are relieved to get a NG verdict but you are now concerned about the disclosure of the allegation/ acquittal on your DBS Certificate.

There's 3 types of DBS checks:
    (A) Basic
    ( Standard
    (C) Enhanced

You have not been convicted of an offence so the allegation won't show on a basic or standard check.

However, the allegation/acquittal may show on an enhanced DBS certificate. The police will tell you IT IS going to show on the check but the OIC decision is not final.

It's the Chief Constable's decision as to whether or not soft police intelligence such as allegations and acquittals should be recorded on the face of a certificate.
    The process is very rigorous because police forces need to follow two government guidelines.

Do a google search on: The DBS Statutory disclosure guidance and the DBS QAF guidance.

Both documents will go at length to describe the thorough process the police has to go through before releasing allegations on an enhanced DBS Check. Article 8 Human Rights plays an important role in that decision.

In the mean time, you can apply for your own DBS check and see what will show up on the face of the certificate.

All the best

Comment

Working...
    X