Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falsely Accused, Sexual Assault by touching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falsely Accused, Sexual Assault by touching.

Hello there, I have recently be accused of sexual assault by touching at a recent University graduation. The claim is that I starting feeling up one girl on a busy dance floor while she was posing for a picture. The accusation isn't even being made by the 'victim' but by her best friend who says she saw the event happen. I am completely innocent here and while I did have my arm around her for a photo, the claim that I lowered my hand and began to feel her up is a complete lie, more than likely made by a drunk teenage girl who was annoyed that I had got in their photo. I have since been interviewed by the police and turned down the chance to take a caution (I refused to take a caution as I was innocent), it now comes down to the local police to decide whether they refer the case to the CPS.

My main question here is, there is no evidence I have done anything (mainly because I haven't), it is literally her mates word against mine. The only piece of evidence the girl has put forward is a picture which shows the friend clearly shouting at me straight after the incident has taken place. The thing is though, in this picture, the 'victim' who has supposedly just that moment been sexually assaulted is standing there, with a big smile on her face, posing for photos in a silly pose. In other words, she doesn't look like someone who has just been sexually assaulted. She looks completely indifferent to the situation.

Is there any chance this case is realistically going to go to court, or is it as I am assuming just going to get discontinued?

Originally posted by Tom123 View Post
    Hello there, I have recently be accused of sexual assault by touching at a recent University graduation. The claim is that I starting feeling up one girl on a busy dance floor while she was posing for a picture. The accusation isn't even being made by the 'victim' but by her best friend who says she saw the event happen. I am completely innocent here and while I did have my arm around her for a photo, the claim that I lowered my hand and began to feel her up is a complete lie, more than likely made by a drunk teenage girl who was annoyed that I had got in their photo. I have since been interviewed by the police and turned down the chance to take a caution (I refused to take a caution as I was innocent), it now comes down to the local police to decide whether they refer the case to the CPS.

My main question here is, there is no evidence I have done anything (mainly because I haven't), it is literally her mates word against mine. The only piece of evidence the girl has put forward is a picture which shows the friend clearly shouting at me straight after the incident has taken place. The thing is though, in this picture, the 'victim' who has supposedly just that moment been sexually assaulted is standing there, with a big smile on her face, posing for photos in a silly pose. In other words, she doesn't look like someone who has just been sexually assaulted. She looks completely indifferent to the situation.

Is there any chance this case is realistically going to go to court, or is it as I am assuming just going to get discontinued?
    Hello and welcome,

Firstly its unfortunate you have had to find this forum and I know how distressing this situation is for you as I myself am going through a far more serious one myself.

Its nearly impossible to predict how the cps will go as all they need is the 'victims' evidence and their word is evidence in itself. Its an unjust system which is totally biast against the accused.

Unfortunately all you can do is wait and hope for the best. I know its not what you want to hear but its the best advice there is.

Try to confide in a freind or relative its a massive help and they will support you trust me. Seek help from your gp if you feel you need it.

But I personally feel it will go nowhere as the friend made the complaint and not her but its just my opinion. Fingers crossed for you

Comment

Originally posted by surplusyew View Post
      Hello and welcome,

Firstly its unfortunate you have had to find this forum and I know how distressing this situation is for you as I myself am going through a far more serious one myself.

Its nearly impossible to predict how the cps will go as all they need is the 'victims' evidence and their word is evidence in itself. Its an unjust system which is totally biast against the accused.

Unfortunately all you can do is wait and hope for the best. I know its not what you want to hear but its the best advice there is.

Try to confide in a freind or relative its a massive help and they will support you trust me. Seek help from your gp if you feel you need it.

But I personally feel it will go nowhere as the friend made the complaint and not her but its just my opinion. Fingers crossed for you

Thanks for your reply, without jinxing myself, I am reasonably confident that this will go nowhere. The police themselves told me not to worry too much. From my opinion, it is the photo of the 'assaulted' girl which makes a joke of the accusation. She is stood there with a stupid grin on her face as well as the fact I have listened to her side of the story in the interview, and there's a lot of things that do not really make sense.

Comment

If somebody says they are innocent they are supported here it is not for us to evaluate their choices or judge how they find themselves here!
        Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

We only know what he's told us though we can't make judgements. It's not the job of support groups for anything false allegations or not to judge ot lecture people. You may give better advice if you or somebody you know had been the victim of a false allegation. Joining an online support group about something that's not actually happened to you is very odd.
          Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Working...
          X