Charged & Upset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charged & Upset

Hi all, this is my first post, but have been reading this forum for a while since things took a turn for the worse in my life. Last year my home was raided and all electronic equipment was taken for analysis. Apparently someone at the address had been downloading indecent images of children. During the raid, the police asked about file sharing. I admitted I used file sharing software and they promptly arrested me. I couldn't believe they could do such a thing based on the fact I just used some software - I did not admit to any offence. The took 55 items from our home and obviously myself and my wife were devastated. I used file sharing software to download films and TV programs and well as legal adult movies. Last week I answered bail and was charged on 4 counts which were a mixture of possession and making (which I am aware is simple downloading). These files were found on just one of the 55 items - all others were returned. The files included 6 category C images which the police admitted were even questionable as to weather they were indecent and 1 category A movie. Obviously the latter is the most concerning. I have never seen nor sought to download this type of material. I am very lucky to have an incredibly supportive family. I already suffer severely from anxiety, so this event in my life is virtually tipping me over the edge. I literally feel like my life is over.
    I have spoken to my solicitor who has informed me that this will probably go to the crown court (apparently more likely to be found not guilty) which is an additional worry due to newspaper coverage. I am surprised the issue has escalated this far on what is just 7 items. I have consumed to internet with regards to research on this matter and it sounds like my case is not that serious compared to some of the people going through the courts for indecent images charges.

When my phone was returned, it contained an image accidentally taken by the high tech crime unit (it shows their office with their equipment with a member of staff filling out a review form of someones device). Could this be used in any way to bring into question the integrity of the investigation? I thought the policy was not to switch on devices and only work on copies of images. Obviously I will cover this with my solicitor. I am thankful that I have Chris Saltrese to see me through this struggle.

Has anyone here been through a similar experience to myself and can offer any advice? I have lost all faith in the system. As you might be able to tell I'm extremely upset by the whole situation and need a way to re-focus before I lose my mind. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to see you here

Very pleased to see that you have instructed Chris Saltrese though. He's one of the best and knows his stuff. He was lead solicitor in the Operation Ore rubbish that happened a few years back, relating to the downloading of alleged indecent images.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Does anyone know the exact difference between making and possession? I have been charged with 'making' of a movie file, but not possession. Does this mean there is a chance this file has been deleted and is unallocated clusters? Just trying to make sense of the charges against me.

Comment

Originally posted by ascension View Post
        Does anyone know the exact difference between making and possession? I have been charged with 'making' of a movie file, but not possession. Does this mean there is a chance this file has been deleted and is unallocated clusters? Just trying to make sense of the charges against me.
        I believe 'making' in this context is downloading & saving (though it's difficult to see how this could be proved if the file isn't actually present on the hard drive)
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
        X