Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sons trial starts tomorrow

Hi
    My son's trial starts tomorrow . I have managed to keep busy these last few weeks. He seems to be ok he doesn't talk about it. If messaged him on fb telling him to stay strong and tomorrow will probably be the hardest day because its all the prosecution. I can't go in cos I'm a witness. Dreading seeing her family but we will hold our heads up high.

I am confident we can get not guilty as there is loads of inconsistencies and contradictions but a tiny bit of me thinks the jury will get it wrong. This has took up the last 15 months of our life and its been he'll. Hoping by the weekend we can start to put it behind us.

Xxxx

We'll be thinking of you and him. Does he have any friends who can sit in the public gallery for support?
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

We ll be thinking of you and attentive to your good results!!

Wish the best for you

Comment

You will both be in my thoughts JanJoe10 - wishing you all the best.
        Keep being strong.
        Mattiex

Comment

Wishing you and your son all the best over the coming days. I was a witness in my sons trial so could not be in court till after giving evidence. I hope he has someone who can be there for him. My son had his girlfriend there. He also found the guard when he was in the dock was very friendly and that helped.

Take a book to read, puzzles to do, etc as there can be a lot of hanging around. This is the really horrible bit, but the end is in sight and the jury were able to see the truth in our case.

Plan easy meals and sleep when you can as it's an exhausting time. My thoughts are with you both.

Comment

Sending positivity to you all. Your son must hold his head up high at court. remember the FA has not had her story questioned yet. Once you have given your evidence you can be in the Court to,support your son, so the jury will see this. Stay strongx

Comment

Hi Janjoe10

I just wanted to send some positive vibes over to you , and when it's your sons turn for him to remember the good advice on here to look and have eye contact with the jury very invaluable also as Tony1 said and did recently remaining calm at all times .
              Hoping all goes well and would love to send some of those dancing bananas yours and sons way .

Comment

Sending positive thoughts to you and your son. You're on the home straight now and hopefully we will all be sending you bananas very soon!
                'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Will be with you in spirit through it all.
                  Update us when you can.
                  We will offer as much emotional support as we can!
                  Big hugs to you all
                  YoH

Comment

Hi Janjoe10,

I just wanted to add my good wishes to those already posted. I'm sure the next few days will be particularly difficult for you and your son, but with a sensible jury and perhaps a pinch of luck this ordeal will soon be over for you.

I'll be thinking of you through the week. Do come on here for support if you feel down and please keep us updated if and when you can.

Best Wishes To You Both,

TBG1

Comment

Hi will be praying tirelessly for you... remember what ever the week ahead has in store you are strong enough to handle it.
                      Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

I'm touched by your support . He has my mum and his uncle going in the public gallery with him till I can go in. I have told him to keep calm will be reminding him again tomorrow. He has an intermediary with him at all time due to his mental health. He also has a lady from the criminal liasion service supporting him. My brother's husband is going to sit outside with me.

The fa has been cross examines by his barrister cos she is a child it was done via video link which my son watches. The barrister was able to ask her 70 questions and she said it didnt go bad and she contradicted herself.

Others who have been to trial how do you cope seeing there family. Is it a case of keeping your head up high x

Comment

Hi

Hope all goes well for you son tomorrow, I can't imagine how you are feeling, but you will both be in my thoughts x

Comment

Hi Yes hold your heads up high. Usually the courts have a support officer with CPS witnesses and so you may only see them going into give their evidence. There are usually rooms oustside the courts and we were there most of the time so keep,strong and look,after yourselves. We found court wasnt as bad as we had feared x

Comment

Originally posted by janjoe10 View Post
                              I'm touched by your support . He has my mum and his uncle going in the public gallery with him till I can go in. I have told him to keep calm will be reminding him again tomorrow. He has an intermediary with him at all time due to his mental health. He also has a lady from the criminal liasion service supporting him. My brother's husband is going to sit outside with me.

The fa has been cross examines by his barrister cos she is a child it was done via video link which my son watches. The barrister was able to ask her 70 questions and she said it didnt go bad and she contradicted herself.

Others who have been to trial how do you cope seeing there family. Is it a case of keeping your head up high x
                              Hi. Just asking a detail.

Your barrister cross examined her before trial?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X