Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In The News...

Hey Everyone,

Like me, I'm sure certain things in today's news have come as a complete surprise .... such as Jose Mourinho being appointed at Manchester United and the weatherperson informing us that the sun is likely to set tonight and then rise again in the morning.

However, what won't have come as a surprise to many on here is a "news-line" on the bottom of the screen on Good Morning Britain reported (something like): "An independent report has concluded that the CPS is at breaking point".

That's all I read. I didn't feel like I needed to bother looking any further into the story because many of us know exactly why this is, even if the actual reports don't say as much .... they've brought this on themselves. Perhaps more accurately, the Home Office directives have directly resulted in the crippling of our (so-called) Justice System.

The actual point of introducing the "you will be believed" policy (for people reporting sexual abuse) several years ago now, was always going to get completely lost in the raft of complaints from "chancers", "compo-hunters", "revenge-getters" and the like. After all, we now live in a world where nothing is our fault anymore. So being given yet another type of opportunity to relieve their financial problems, excuse their own criminality and/or bad behaviour (and so-on) or simply to 'teach someone a lesson' was always going to be too good to pass up for many.

This is what the (you will be believed) stance has produced. Equally as shocking is of course, that the people that it was designed for (real victims) are likely lost in the "black hole" that it has created.

For what it's worth (absolutely nothing I dare say!), this could all be remedied not by "additional funding", "abolishing the crippling governmental cuts" etc., etc., but by instructing (in the first instance) the Police to initially investigate and establish that a crime has been committed. If they can prove that it has, then and only then, should they commence an investigation into who may have committed that crime.

As it is, if the directive were to be applied across all crimes then we'd have arrests and prosecutions for murder where there is no body, and for robberies where there's nothing missing, and for GBH where there's not a mark on them, and for fraud when nothing appears to be out of place.

Some who read this may think, "Now you're just being silly". If that's what you're thinking, then you haven't missed the point ..... you've actually understood the point I'm trying to make perfectly.

Sorry for the "rant" but I'm sure many of you know how I feel!

Best Wishes,

TBG1
    Last edited by TBG1; 27 May 2016, 04:07 PM.

Hi TBG1

We saw this too , thought how odd that there did not appear to be any further information or report (unless of course we missed it ) agree with everything you've said - I do wonder if any human rights come into this ridiculous system we have regarding the crazy lengths of time you wait for decisions .
    In any other jobs you would be sacked for being so incompetent in the timescales they are now using .

Comment

Working...
    X