hope for those who've been charged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hope for those who've been charged

recently I had my pre trial hearing. I won't go into detail, as much as I'd love to or give away the date to ensure anonymity but I wanted to share to show how the tide might be starting to turn...

for what is supposed to be a formality to set a trial date, the prosecution opened. the judge stopped him in his tracks and asked him why on earth we were all there. why having read the file over coffee for ten minutes this morning he saw no case to answer.

he eviscerated the police, cps and barrister and demanded a four week review as the case had zero merits. when my barrister chipped in that the 'victim' and witness had both made similar allegations in the past he went berserk again at the prosecutor.

its not over yet but if you're feeling down and disgusted with the police and cps, know that the truth will come out and hope can sometimes come when you least expect it.

keep smiling everyone.

How encouraging & thank you for sharing this.

I often moan about the independence of the judiciary (as in when they stop the deportation of an errant muslim preacher!) but when they can throw out a case in face of all the governments ploys it's great news!
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

This is very encouraging. In other matters they don't take a case before a jury even when they have some forensic evidence, if they decide that it will turn into one person's word against another or a witness is young or weak, so the decision to try these cases only on statements has to be political.

It's good to see someone pushing back. A legal decision should never be a popularity contest, which is what so many of these trials seem to turn into, because there's so little else to go on.

I hope things go well for you in 4 weeks.
      'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Really good to see things are always being reviewed, also the previous allegations she made flagged up. My accuser just a year before accusing me took her husband to court on two counts of rape he was found not guilty a month later they are back together and he is her full time paid carer now as she has MS. he is supporting her through accusing me. She also accused her two step dads and our next door neighbour previously which she forgot all about when making fresh allegations.

Always have hope and I wish you all the best thank you for the good news feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by farmer42 View Post
          Really good to see things are always being reviewed, also the previous allegations she made flagged up. My accuser just a year before accusing me took her husband to court on two counts of rape he was found not guilty a month later they are back together and he is her full time paid carer now as she has MS. he is supporting her through accusing me. She also accused her two step dads and our next door neighbour previously which she forgot all about when making fresh allegations.

Always have hope and I wish you all the best thank you for the good news feedback.

Personally I cannot see what on earth they think they are doing just looking at your post should surely say how wrong they are hope the judge gives even more major grief to the prosecuter etc they should be where you are. Wishing you all the best and sending lots of super positivity to you too . Thanks for the info too is very interesting and a bit uplifting to hear.

Comment

Amazing... you must be thrilled!! My OH's works solicitor told when the police came to his work cases sometimes get thrown out but when I saw none on her I was really disheartened. It's obviously rare but amazing it does still happen.
            Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Nfa!!

Hi All - well after six weeks of hell today my son received a letter stating that there would be NFA as well as a sort of apology! I can't begin to tell you how relieved we are but seriously guys wouldn't have been able to stay as strong had it not been for your kind words and support. I became an avid reader and wept at the injustice and suffering described. I always knew he was innocent of any charge as he is such a gently chap but it has sorely tested my faith in human nature. Feel a bit numb really - should be feeling celebratory but in some ways it still feels surreal! One last thing can anyone advise what we do about the recorded stuff i.e will the fact that he has been arrested for this sort of offence still remain on the police database and if so how does he ensure that it gets removed! Again - thank you and I wish for all of you a similar outcome.
              Mattiex

Comment

Yayyyyy! Maybe the judge will go one step further and request the accuser be investigated further.....
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

thanks guys. you are right, a system where an innocent man can get up to life in prison from a five day popularity contest is not a world we should tolerate in this day and age.

Comment

Apologies.

My apologies 'itsover' placed my comment in your thread - am thrilled for you!

Comment

I'v always been proud of the judiciary in this country. But my recent experience has eroded away my belief in the British justice system. I'v also been dumbfounded reading what the police do in a government sanctioned witch hunt. This does give me hope that the judiciary is truly independant and common sense sometimes prevails. Hope you get your bananas soon!

Comment

Working...
                      X