Accuser got in touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuser got in touch

I was accused 3 years ago, after 13 months of hell I appeared in court. After 4 days of hearing evidence the case was dismissed with a verdict if no case to answer and I was fully acquitted of all charges.

I have not seen or heard from my accuser until 2 days ago. I have tried to rebuild my life and family, but 2 nights ago I received a Facebook message saying rapist. Nothing else. My wife also received a similar message.
    Neither of us responded, and the police have said they can't do anything.

Any advice?

I would suggest taking screenshots, ones that shows the date that the posts were made. Keep them somewhere safe but don't, under any circumstances respond. That will only give your accuser ammunition for further allegations or more intimidation, but if there are more posts or anything else, it will eventually become harassment on her part and the police will have to act. They can't do anything about one event but they can about several.

That was what a member of my family was told when they were being intimidated and harassed anyway, and from what everyone says here, it's never good to give an accuser anything to complain about. Except silence.

I could be wrong, but I thing they are just trying to get a rise out of you and your wife, and it's best not to rise to the bait, difficult as that might be. Take care.
    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Vindicated View Post
      I was accused 3 years ago, after 13 months of hell I appeared in court. After 4 days of hearing evidence the case was dismissed with a verdict if no case to answer and I was fully acquitted of all charges.

I have not seen or heard from my accuser until 2 days ago. I have tried to rebuild my life and family, but 2 nights ago I received a Facebook message saying rapist. Nothing else. My wife also received a similar message.
      Neither of us responded, and the police have said they can't do anything.

Any advice?

Do you mean the case was dropped during the course of the trial? If it was, then you would have been found NG - not "no case to answer".
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
        Do you mean the case was dropped during the course of the trial? If it was, then you would have been found NG - not "no case to answer".
        During the trial. After the prosecution made there case, my solicitor made a motion of no case to answer as there was no evidence that I had committed the crime. My trial was in Scotland, if that makes a difference.
        The judge accepted the motion and I was acquitted. I did not take the stand and the jury did not return a verdict.

Comment

Very similar to my trial- that was in scotland too (Dunoon).

I was co-accused alongside my OH and after the dirst witness against us both had been completely annihilated , the second took the stand (video link). After he had been questioned about OH's offences, the fiscal sat down, saying no further questions. My defence was not invited to question this witness and there was obvious confusion within the legal teams as to what was happening.

Next thing I knew the sheriff was telling me I was free to go!!! I was NEVER interviewed by the police after arrest, no statements in my defence, or could have proved innocence were ever taken and I was never cross examined in court. no one has ever heard my side of the story and it hangs over me like a dark cloud and in certain agencies eyes, (DBS, SS), I will always be guilty.

And, like you, one of my accusers got in touch on FB 2 months after trial, just before he was convicted of domestic violence
          They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

screenshot then block, (not other way round) and then type in the persons name and block everyone who comes under that same name, (people with issues like that tend to have more than once facebook account) if they use a different name i beleive that it is illegal now. so just screenshot everything suspicious. And obviously don't put anything on your or wifes facebook that could lead them knowing to where you live. I know it sounds pretty common sense stuff but you need to show that you have made no effort to respond and show you have been trying to avoid the harrasment.
            "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

oh and on the good side of things... sounds very much like they clearly hasn't got over the humilation they had in court !!!!! (you're stronger than they are, they clearly havent moved on!)
              "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Working...
              X