Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial in a few weeks

I have my trial in a few weeks.
    The basic details of my situation can be found on this forum. The onlt evidence is her statement where she claims she was too intoxicated to consent (she was fully engaged and lucid).
    There is no suggestion of force/intimidation.
    Very difficult year but I am confident justice will be served and I will be found not guilty.

Just a couple of questions:

1. Suit or casual?
    2. Do character references make a difference?
    3. Should I invite friends/family to court? If so, for what day?
    4. I know its impossible to say but any tips to avoid media?

Thanks in advance and best wishes to everyone going through something similar.

Cheers

Tony

Best wishes for this...

As well as any tips you may get from current members there is some excellent advice in this link:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...xpect-at-Trial
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi
      OH had trial,last year and unanimous NG.
      Very nerve wracking but Court wasnt as bad as we feared. I would say
      Definitely a suit, it definitely helped my OH to feel as confident as he could possibly be, character witnesses definitely helped in OH case. Think character witnesses are definitely good to show you for the person you are not as what you are falsely accused of.
      I think having family members there is important shows you beleive and support the falsely accused. I was there throughout as were family members and we all agree that it helped him during the trial.
      Press, it did go in paper a small piece but no photographs, just what alleged offence was and then at end of trial the result published. I know other members have had more press coverage but there are so many of these false allegations it doesnt get as much press coverage as you fear.
      Hold your head up high and be confident and you will get through it. Solicitor and barrister were very supportive at trial for OH and helped him through every step. Sending positivity to you and wishing you all the best x

Comment

My son had character witnesses and it certainly gave him a boost hearing lovely things people said about him.

Our case hit the press and although all logic convinced us he was not guilty, emotionally it's hard to think past the court case. There was one press reporter in court and after the not guilty my husband made a brief statement saying we were glad justice had been served and we could get on with our lives. I wish we had prepared a statement well in advance and got our barrister to check it. If so I would have said our son had been to hell and back and our family was traumatised. I would have said the CPS should explain why the case was not dropped even a few weeks before court when FA admitted she had falsely accused another person, but retracted her allegation. I would have commented on how sad it was that the judge did not publically comment after the not guilty verdict that my son had been a victim of the state. I would have said that the presses coverage of the case and naming of my son had caused undeserved stress to my son and family. I would have said I wanted to know why the CPS were not charging FA with perverting the course of justice as there was much more evidence of her doing that than my son committing rape.

Wishing you all the best. I'd go for dressing smartly.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks very much for your response.

How many character references did you use in court?

Cheers

Tony

Originally posted by Staystrong1 View Post
          Hi
          OH had trial,last year and unanimous NG.
          Very nerve wracking but Court wasnt as bad as we feared. I would say
          Definitely a suit, it definitely helped my OH to feel as confident as he could possibly be, character witnesses definitely helped in OH case. Think character witnesses are definitely good to show you for the person you are not as what you are falsely accused of.
          I think having family members there is important shows you beleive and support the falsely accused. I was there throughout as were family members and we all agree that it helped him during the trial.
          Press, it did go in paper a small piece but no photographs, just what alleged offence was and then at end of trial the result published. I know other members have had more press coverage but there are so many of these false allegations it doesnt get as much press coverage as you fear.
          Hold your head up high and be confident and you will get through it. Solicitor and barrister were very supportive at trial for OH and helped him through every step. Sending positivity to you and wishing you all the best x

Comment

We used 7 character references

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1 View Post
              I have my trial in a few weeks.
              The basic details of my situation can be found on this forum. The onlt evidence is her statement where she claims she was too intoxicated to consent (she was fully engaged and lucid).
              There is no suggestion of force/intimidation.
              Very difficult year but I am confident justice will be served and I will be found not guilty.

Just a couple of questions:

1. Suit or casual?
              2. Do character references make a difference?
              3. Should I invite friends/family to court? If so, for what day?
              4. I know its impossible to say but any tips to avoid media?

Thanks in advance and best wishes to everyone going through something similar.

Cheers

Tony
              1. Suit or casual? - I think Suit....just my view
              2. Do character references make a difference? If you are of previous good character, then YES, make sure you get these.
              3. Should I invite friends/family to court? If so, for what day? I wouldn't, but its a very personal thing. Sometimes its nice for a jury to see and be TOLD by your advocate, that your family supports you
              4. I know its impossible to say but any tips to avoid media? eek....can't help here....
              Recommended Solicitors --- www.arcadianlaw.com
              Proven results for people accused of False Allegations

Comment

Working...
              X