Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perverting the course of justice

Hello Again...

Right, i'm not asking this is because i'm in false hope (i'm telling myself) but more that i want to know how long i can hold on for before i move on from the ordeal we've had. I know the chances of are accuser and person getting the person to accuse being done or at least investigated for perverting the course of justice/wasting police time are slim however... i have always thought through this that there at least should be a chance with the amount of evidence i have that it is a vendetta, and proof that the neighbour asked someone else to make the same accusation. But as of yet, i have no faith in the justice system...

so... basically, for all those who have been nfa or known those who have been nfa, and you where fortunate enough to have the accuser investigated, how long after your NFA where you aware of the investigation?? Did you have to chase it up yourself??

As said, just want to be realistic that if something was to be done, would it be done by now, if not i have to accept that nothing will be done and move on the best i can .. if that makes sense

thanks in advance

h xxxxxxxx
    "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Hi,

Apparently, you can make a complaint for perverting the course of justice before you obtain an outcome but it will only be considered and looked at once you receive your outcome.

I was NFA'd after handing over malicious letters to the Police which were sent by my accuser purporting to be from a bogus solicitor demanding compensation for false allegations of abuse. I told the Police on the day I received the NFA that I wanted to make a formal complaint. At first, they seemed reluctant to investigate him but then they got back to me about a week later stating it would be a different force who would undertake the investigation due to where he now lives. However, through a complaint I made against the police regarding other issues, I found out nothing had been done to investigate my complaint. Six months on, they have only just started the investigation due to me probing them about this and I think they were aware I wasn't going to drop the issue easily.

On the whole, the Police seem very reluctant to investigate complaints about perverting the course of justice and many police forces have a policy where they will simply refuse to investigate even where there are grounds to believe the allegations were false. This is so wrong when we all know it's a very serious offence that can have devastating consequences for the person wrongly accused. There appears to be this prevailing attitude among the Police and CPS that these types of prosecutions will put off genuine victims from coming forward but false allegations also undermine truthful victims and waste a lot of police time which could be spent on investigating real cases. Furthermore, both the Police and CPS have tried to paint this rose tinted picture that there are very few cases which are false and this is highlighted by the low conviction rate but this is very misleading when few police authorities will actually agree to prosecute.

You will need evidence to support your complaint or they are likely to dismiss it very quickly but I would say don't give up easily and if necessary make a formal complaint and get your M.P. involved.

Comment

Well done you! I admire your tenacity! Let's hope he results in a proper prosecution and the liar goes down for it. If it is all over the media it may send out a message to others who think they can get away with their life destroying lies.....
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

how do i go about making a complaint about perverting the course of justice then? I'm a bit apprehensive in contacting the OIC.. do i put it in writing that i want them to look into it? and if so who to, the OIC, or police station in general??

sorry 100 questions but just want to find out if there is a chance, and in a strange way to scare them of doing this to us again, if that makes sense??

thank you h xxxxxxxx

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
          Well done you! I admire your tenacity! Let's hope he results in a proper prosecution and the liar goes down for it. If it is all over the media it may send out a message to others who think they can get away with their life destroying lies.....
          Thank you. I'll keep you updated. What the officer did say to me yesterday is he is still abroad though and they don't know where he is living but they are doing international checks to locate him and bring him in for questioning. He was supposed to return from his holiday in September as well to answer questions about the letters...the fact he hasn't just adds to the context of his lies.

Comment

No advice but masses and masses of good luck for this hun. Your FA's we're particularly nasty and made life so hard for you and your children I really hope something is done about them and hope hubby is home ASAP.
            Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

I'd gather the evidence you have first. Put it all into context and make sure you have statements from those who can assist. Although hearsay is used in our cases, I doubt it would be useful in a PCJ case.

Build the case up so it looks really strong, and then contact the Department of Public Prosecutions, you can Google the address, and send COPIES of the case you have built.

Comment

I'd gather the evidence you have first. Put it all into context and make sure you have statements from those who can assist. Although hearsay is used in our cases, I doubt it would be useful in a PCJ case.

Build the case up so it looks really strong, and then contact the Department of Public Prosecutions, you can Google the address, and send COPIES of the case you have built.
                ahh o.k, would it be alright to collect statements myself?? and i presume i ask for written (obviously signed). and would it be all right to put in my own and hubby's statement? sorry another 100 questions.

i'm guessing its advised to keep personal opinions out of the statement at keep it as in fact.. i.e not to put "i think ___ motives where a,b,c" but "on tuesday 7th august ______ approached and said" ... and i'm guessing its alright to put "previous to the allegation ____ said ___" providing its related to the allegation.

also do you think it is alright to ask for a statment of the local police or should i just note that he knows the situation that was ongoing before that and that i made him aware of the harrasment.

the only worry i got is that the accuser herself is still only 15 (i think she is turning 16 soon though, or just turned 16) would this make a difference, are they less likely to take action because of her age, even though it was her mum who made most of the statement??

Sorry, above is my last bunch of questions lol, i'm going to give it a go but if they say no i'm just going to have to 'cut my losses' so to speak and try to move on.

Thank You h xxxxxx

Comment

Yes - don't put opinion or "I think". You can say that "I honestly believe......"

You could end the argument with "I appreciate that the complaint [name] is still only 15 /16 years of age, but I believe that the message needs to out there, that false allegations not only ruin the falsely accused;'s life, and their families, but also makes it incredibly difficult for genuine victims to report for fear of being disbelieved".

The DP can get the police statements.

Comment

sorry... very very last question lol... would i send it to the london address or to the local area address (the office that is nearest to us??)

many thanks h x

Comment

I'd go for the HQ but send a copy to the local DPP. Make sure they know that this is a copy and that "it is for their information only".

Comment

excellent THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

will keep you updated

Comment

Roughly where in the UK are you? If local to me we could meet up and I could help you with this.

Comment

I'm currently doing that. I have mine and other statements that were never seen by the police, I was never interviewed and case dismissed before being fully heard. I was never given the chance to speak.

CPO told me what I had done and the only time I would have my chance to refute allegations was in court.
                            She had me guilty when if she had actually read FAs statements she would have seen that they did not add up. Car- "Black but not very black"? Why did they not look??
                            They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

Sorry hon, what's a CPO?

Comment

Working...
                              X