Accused almost 2 month ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accused almost 2 month ago

I have been accused of raping my house mate in late 2014 after a drunken night out. The accuser moved out of the house last October(2015) after i slept with one of her best friends, and then this allegation hit me. It has literally made everything hell. I have become a self conscious, paranoid mess. my mind runs a million miles an hour about different outcomes, thinking about every possibility. This allegation started early feb and my bail end date is in the next week.

I wanted to ask what should i expect when my bail date comes, what will they ask me and will they give me any information to keep my mind at rest.

I also wanted to ask about a solicitor, i was given one at the police station and he said this should be over within 2 months, the reality of what i have seen online means this will go on for a hell of a lot longer than that. I currently have a Solicitor from the derbyshire area, but is it worth getting one specific to sexual assault cases?

Thank you.

I think you will find Mark Newby, Jordan's in Doncaster would probably take you on if you are charged. he has tons of experience in these cases.

Are you in a relationship with the "best friend" now? If so then there;s a motive for her lying.....
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

There are a few outcomes of the bail date which are; being re-bailed (not uncommon as you have seen from many other posts however also a lot do get resolved in 3months) you could be NFA'd (No further action) or you could obviously be charged, I think some get re-interviewed as well. Do you know if the case has gone to CPS yet? You might be able to find out by contacting the OIC or the solicitor although some prefer to simply wait as you wont know the outcome until they tell you. The waiting is hell

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
        I think you will find Mark Newby, Jordan's in Doncaster would probably take you on if you are charged. he has tons of experience in these cases.

Are you in a relationship with the "best friend" now? If so then there;s a motive for her lying.....

Okay so you recommend going for an actual specifically trained one? sorry everything is new to me.

No, although i did get into a relationship in November, I'm just worried that the lie may of started earlier because i have been seeing other people/basically f'ed and chucked her. her bestfriend lived in the same house as us.

She went to the doctors the day after she said it happened, didnt report anything but had bruises on her chest area and a cut on her vagina. In the past when ive been with girls and theyve had the same, i dont mean to be rough during sex but im just passionate.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_3178 View Post
          There are a few outcomes of the bail date which are; being re-bailed (not uncommon as you have seen from many other posts however also a lot do get resolved in 3months) you could be NFA'd (No further action) or you could obviously be charged, I think some get re-interviewed as well. Do you know if the case has gone to CPS yet? You might be able to find out by contacting the OIC or the solicitor although some prefer to simply wait as you wont know the outcome until they tell you. The waiting is hell
          Dont know anything, i contacted my solicitor and he just said "when they tell me anything, ill let you know" I gave them all of the information i could (i was basically in a panic attack so not everything was remembered) I also gave them my phone and my facebook to check all interactions.

Im worried because i might of tried to help too much and started merging memories together.

Comment

Originally posted by confused93 View Post
            Okay so you recommend going for an actual specifically trained one? sorry everything is new to me.

No, although i did get into a relationship in November, I'm just worried that the lie may of started earlier because i have been seeing other people/basically f'ed and chucked her. her bestfriend lived in the same house as us.

She went to the doctors the day after she said it happened, didnt report anything but had bruises on her chest area and a cut on her vagina. In the past when ive been with girls and theyve had the same, i dont mean to be rough during sex but im just passionate.

That isn't passionate, that's rough. Often not nice for the woman
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Unless you mean love bites not bruises that sounds pretty violent tbh maybe in her mind she consented to the sex but not the rough side?
              Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Working...
              X