Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi

Originally posted by weary View Post
    Thankyou very much for all your supportive comments. The solicitor is a local one in our area with a good reputation.
    One thing that did worry me after my OH told me about the interview was that I had read you shouldn't correct inaccuracies because the police then go back to the original complainants who will then change their statement...
    so for example, the police told my OH the complainant said he assaulted her in a ** coloured car of the *** make - and my OH weary immediately said. That's ridiculous - I have never owned a ** coloured car of the ** make. In fact, at the time she is accusing me of, I was driving a (insert completely different) car"

Now I am worried the police will go back to her, tell her this and she will say "Oh yes -I forgot - it was that type and colour of car" and change her statement.
    Then where will that leave my weary? He will basically have given her the credence to her lie
    They may well go back to her for another interview and she may well say something along those lines. I'm no expert in criminology, but that could be construed as quite a big change to the story to jurors- if it goes that far. I know for myself if I were on a jury and heard something like that, I'd be a tad suspicious and be more inclined to look for other holes in the case than to say oh well she just traumatised at the time. To me that sounds ok, but as I said I'm no expert.
    Stay strong!

Comment

Working...
    X