Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son falsely accused

Hello,
    My 17 yr old son had been accused or raping two different girls. The girls are best friends, both have had consensual sex with my son. They reported the allegations on the same day. He is on bail until 1st June. The Investigating detective informed me that she intends to charge him, she told me this before she had spoken to the witnesses which I found absolutely shocking.
    One of the alleged rapes took place whilst there was another teenage couple in the room.

My son is now suffering depression and over the weekend tried to take his own life by taking an overdose, thankfully he was fine. Will the police make any effort to step up the investigations if there are aware of his mental health?

Any advise is gratefully received.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Like you I am surprised that the OIC has informed you that your son will be charged at this initial of the investigation but I wondered if one or both of the girls were under 16 at the time of the allegation.

This would offer an explanation as, by definition, they would be legally unable to give consent (even if they did!); by contrast as your son is over 16 he is no longer classed as a minor.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
      Hello and welcome to the forum,

Like you I am surprised that the OIC has informed you that your son will be charged at this initial of the investigation but I wondered if one or both of the girls were under 16 at the time of the allegation.

This would offer an explanation as, by definition, they would be legally unable to give consent (even if they did!); by contrast as your son is over 16 he is no longer classed as a minor.
      Hello

Thank you for your response. The girls and my son were all 16 years old when they had sex.
      When I informed a lawyer friend what she said he believes it could be that there charging everyone following the recent high profile cases or it could be just bravado.
      I did ask her if she was charging him because she believed the girls stories? She said its not that she believed them its her job.

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Manc2012 View Post
        Hello,
        My 17 yr old son had been accused or raping two different girls. The girls are best friends, both have had consensual sex with my son. They reported the allegations on the same day. He is on bail until 1st June. The Investigating detective informed me that she intends to charge him, she told me this before she had spoken to the witnesses which I found absolutely shocking.
        One of the alleged rapes took place whilst there was another teenage couple in the room.

My son is now suffering depression and over the weekend tried to take his own life by taking an overdose, thankfully he was fine. Will the police make any effort to step up the investigations if there are aware of his mental health?

Any advise is gratefully received.
        Sounds unusual. I know sometimes the oic may hazard a guess as to what the outcome may be in his/her opinion. This one does sound unusually certain- I'm surprised she'd commit so firmly, unless as CH says there are other considerations.
        If you have a sol they may ask how the investigation is going as the bail date, if applicable, draws near, but I doubt they'd try to move things along any quicker. I know that's hard to hear and I wish I had better news.
        Stay strong, hope it turns out better than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by jittery View Post
          Sounds unusual. I know sometimes the oic may hazard a guess as to what the outcome may be in his/her opinion. This one does sound unusually certain- I'm surprised she'd commit so firmly, unless as CH says there are other considerations.
          If you have a sol they may ask how the investigation is going as the bail date, if applicable, draws near, but I doubt they'd try to move things along any quicker. I know that's hard to hear and I wish I had better news.
          Stay strong, hope it turns out better than you think.
          Thanks. I have left a message with his solicitor so hopefully i will hear back from them today.

Comment

I'm so sorry you've had to find this forum. People don't realise how vulnerable our boys and men are these days, and the police seem to play by their own rules with not a great deal in the way of training - except to believe that every male infant is a rapist in waiting. (Unless they are a man of course and then they would never do anything so awful.)

It's a horrible, messed up world we live in, and I wish you and your boy all the strength you need to get through this ordeal.

You will get lots of wonderful advice and support on this forum.

'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
              I'm so sorry you've had to find this forum. People don't realise how vulnerable our boys and men are these days, and the police seem to play by their own rules with not a great deal in the way of training - except to believe that every male infant is a rapist in waiting. (Unless they are a man of course and then they would never do anything so awful.)

It's a horrible, messed up world we live in, and I wish you and your boy all the strength you need to get through this ordeal.

You will get lots of wonderful advice and support on this forum.

I have just spoken with the solicitor, she says the Investigating officer had no right saying she was going to charge my son as she does not make that decision. The sol thinks she is displaying bullying behaviour. We have decided that we will not inform the police that he attempted suicide as the sol says they may use this to keep in on remand if he is charged in the future and they will definitely not speed up the investigations because of this.

Comment

It sounds as though you have a solicitor who is on the ball there. I hope your son is feeling less emotionally fragile now and that you are all strengthened by the good advice you are getting. A good solicitor is a firm barrier between your son and a bullying police officer, I'm sure, which can be nothing but a good thing too.
                'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

It's the CPS that charge in these case, not the police. Ask the OIC to put that in writing because if there is a NFA, you may have a genuine reason to make a complaint against her
                  People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Manc2012 View Post
                    Thanks. I have left a message with his solicitor so hopefully i will hear back from them today.
                    Good! Glad things are starting to turn around a bit!
                    Stay strong

Comment

Sorry to hear that your son felt so low that he had to resort to attempting to taking his life. The uncertainty of what will happen in those early days after an accusation does cause great upset and depression, but that does ease somewhat as time passes. Hope your sons feeling better now, if he requires or wants someone similar-ish aged to him to talk to, PM me. A problem shared is a problem halved etc..

Comment

Hello Manc2012,

I am very sorry to read of your son's (and your) ordeal. My son has also been falsely accused, and I have some understanding of what you're going through at the moment. I have no words of wisdom to offer you, beyond what has already been said. My understanding is that it is the CPS who make the charge or not decision, not the Police. It's entirely unacceptable that you have been told that a charge is definitely going to be made. If that were the case, why tell you? Why not just make the charge? It seems like bravado/bullying/incompetence to me.

You will get lots of support, advice and general good wishes and help in here. I've found the forum invaluable. I wish you all the very best of justice, and luck.

Look after yourself, and ask all the questions you want to.

Comment

Working...
                        X