Answering bail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answering bail

Morning all. I'm due to answer bail on Tuesday, and was wondering if I should call the sol to see what to expect, or maybe the OIC, or should I just turn up? First time for answering bail! Thanks. Keep the questions coming on here folks, great advice being giving on this forum, helped and calmed me down lots of times!

Hi Ken, I would ask your solicitor to ask the OIC what the score is?
    I'm sorry to say it, but I very much doubt you will have an answer come Tuesday!!
    I am now on my 3rd bail date (June)
    I hope for your sake i am wrong and you get a nfa...but best to just ask your solicitor pal!
    All the best
    Aidy

Comment

Thanks aidy, sorry to hear you got re-bailed mate!
      I will ring the sol after work. My emotions have been all over the last 6 week or so, no one should go through the length of time people have to wait, to see what the outcome is!
      Chin up pal!

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Ken27 View Post
        Thanks aidy, sorry to hear you got re-bailed mate!
        I will ring the sol after work. My emotions have been all over the last 6 week or so, no one should go through the length of time people have to wait, to see what the outcome is!
        Chin up pal!
        Good luck for tuesday, is it the first time for attending a bail hearing?

Comment

My partner has got his bail date on the 5th April as well but looks like his going to get re-bailed again according to his solicitor but his got to go to the police station. Hope you get some good news!!

Comment

Yes my First time, 10am tuesday. Just want to know what to expect,.
            Bad night last night, sent a few worrying messages to my daughters mum
            Who went mad to make sure I see someone professional, heads all over the show!

Comment

with my OH's first bail date he due in at 10am, got a phonecall at 9.50am to say he's been rebailed.. just think that by 11am on tuesday you will know more and know a plan for next few months.

keep strong xxx
              "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Yes my First time, 10am tuesday. Just want to know what to expect,.
                Bad night last night, sent a few worrying messages to my daughters mum
                Who went mad to make sure I see someone professional, heads all over the show!
                It will be. The first thing that happens is that when you get to see the oic, you will be let into what seems like fort knox at the back of the station. There is a desk area there and the oic will arrange for an interview room. There should be the oic and a.n.other with a recording device.
                You have been told that you can have a sol present? This can be the duty sol at the station or you can arrange to have one present. OR you can choose to waive that right. I personally chose to attend the interview alone thinking it would look better on myself ( I must point out though that I had VERY strong evidence that my FA was lying so was more worried about work than anything else ).
                The interview will take as long as it takes. Mine was about 1.5 hrs, you will be told what the allegation is and allowed to respond, you can also bring to light any supporting evidence you may have.
                Finally you will be given a date to re- attend (you may have been bailed or not, I personally was) at that time you will be told the progress of the case: either you will be nfa'd, charged or told that the investigation is still underway.
                Hope that helps.
                Stay strong

Comment

It seems the police get so many of these cases that not many get an answer by there first bail date. You may find out how many more months you'll have to wait, a rough estimate of time or whether the case has gone to CPS, though. Stay strong this is hell on earth but there's been a good few NFA's in recent months.

Sorry to inturrupt but is there always a second officer? If not should you make a complaint?

Big love to OP you will get through this! xxx
                  Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Well, I travelled a 17mile trip to answer bail, get to the reception of the police station to get a phone call off the solicitor to say the OIC isn't available today and sorry for the wasted journey, but you have been rebailed.
                    Day off work for no reason.... And could lose my job!! So angry at the moment!!

Comment

Angry for you too. How inconsiderate!! I hope the boss is a bit more understanding than that.
                      'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Well, I travelled a 17mile trip to answer bail, get to the reception of the police station to get a phone call off the solicitor to say the OIC isn't available today and sorry for the wasted journey, but you have been rebailed.
                        Day off work for no reason.... And could lose my job!! So angry at the moment!!
                        - same thing happened first bail date with my OH... (well he was in the car park not the reception). Hope things are ok with your job,does your boss know the situation?? or did you just pull a sicky?

they just seem so incosiderate (actually no... let me use the proper wording... they don't give sh1t) about the accused life or emotional state., jobs or anything...

do you know when you've been rebailed to and the reasons why?
                        "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Working...
                        X