Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical History/Magistrates Court

Okay, so my process has started.

I've been to the magistrates and received my complainants statement, which is full of inconsistencies and some pretty wild information too.

For some reason her whole medical history has been disclosed too - she used to be an addict (honestly one night stands are the most base part of our society, you NEVER know who you're getting with - I now know this).
    Why would the court feel it necessary for this to be released?

Also, I spoke to someone connected to my complainant and was told that the complainant thought it wasn't the right thing to do to me, nor is she sure anything untoward happened. I recorded this conversation, but my lawyer says it'd be inadmissible as 'hearsay'.
    Sad times.

What kind of a world is this? I'm now trapped in the system, regardless.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, hearsay cannot be used in court as you have been advised. However,
    I don't know whether it's worth discussing with your lawyer about how you would go about asking the person who told you to make a written statement about what your accuser has told them. This might be able to be used as evidence to support your case. However, you should be careful approaching anyone connected to your accuser in case they are involved in the court case and if this was the case, you could potentially be accused of intimidating witnesses.

I don't know the background to your case but some genuine victims of sexual abuse do go down the path of addiction as a way of coping with their distress.

Make sure you have a good lawyer who can pick away at her inconsistencies to undermine the allegation. It might be a good idea to do a timeline of events to try and pinpoint why your accuser has done this to you.

Good luck and stay strong!
    Last edited by slowdown73; 1 April 2016, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SalvationNeeded123 View Post

Also, I spoke to someone connected to my complainant and was told that the complainant thought it wasn't the right thing to do to me, nor is she sure anything untoward happened. I recorded this conversation, but my lawyer says it'd be inadmissible as 'hearsay'.
      Sad times.

What kind of a world is this? I'm now trapped in the system, regardless.
      Hearsay is admissible in a trial. The recorded convo won't be admissible, but the person could make a statement for defence, and maybe that could be admitted into the evidence......
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
      X