Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever asked if can gave info on computer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever asked if can gave info on computer ?

Hi everyone
    All of our tech items were taken on OH being taken to station ( annoyingly they were in our house on there own too ) anyway I need 2 pieces of information that are on one of the computers one relating to our then business for accountant figures and the second a letter that I need to get a copy if which is urgent . Does anyone know if you can request this or is it just poo pooed so to speak - if I don't do the books can end up with fines. Any thoughts/ help would be great.

two weeks before my computers were taken back in june i had finished the accounts but not printed them off an got rid of the notes (i.e mileage book) because i had typed it all up on the computer. Was patient for a little while but then emailed several times, each time a reply 'no computer is being used in a criminal investigation' ... still havent been able to get the accounts of them and recevied my £100 fine, afftected our benefits because can't prove our accounts, had to go to food bank because of it, but they still don't care. So no, i don't think you'll get very far. I think there's something like a £10 a day fine or something after a month, so got that to look foward to

sorry, not what you wanted to hear xxxx
    "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

I had all electronics seized.

Included in those was a work laptop - which is fully encrypted, full of confidential information and had absolutely no way of access without bricking the hard drive.

I offered the police the password for this because it was crucial for me to continue my work, and after harassing them for a while they gave me it back.

I suppose they will base it on how important they think the piece of evidence is to the investigation. If they suspect something is on it I guess waiting until forensics comes back is the only option unfortunately.
      Last edited by TotalNightmare; 30 March 2016, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X