Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second interview - accused by someone in a mental unit

Hello,
    Following up from my partners last interview (6 months ago) he was not charged and let go. He has a second interview this Wednesday, as the dc has interviewed people. The person that has accused him lives in a mental institution for a start, so can the cps really take her seriously at the moment? She has said my partner assaulted her and rapped her through her childhood, has no proof and a massive motive to make something like this up. My partner has evidence to back himself up, for example cards she's sent messages of her wanting to meet up with him (she's his sister btw) I just want to know how much chance do people think he'll get charged this time?

Childhood abuse can often result in victims / survivors spending time in psychiatric units. The police and CPS have to take such allegations seriously.

Some people who make false allegations often have serious psychiatric conditions, some of which result in multiple false allegations, mostly provably false.

If you have evidence that shows that the allegations are false, keep it to yourself until he is interviewed / reinterviewed, and he can ask the solicitor whether it would be prudent to show the police that evidence, or keep it for use later.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

As Rights Fighter says, the Police will have a duty to investigate the allegation and the fact the accuser has mental health problems is irrelevant really in terms of whether or not it will go further. Some people would argue that her psychiatric problems might be the result of some form of abuse while others would argue someone with psychological problems might be more likely to invent an allegation which has no truth. However, if she has made the whole thing up then surely her story is likely to be inconsistent and crumble under cross examination particularly if she has enduring psychiatric problems.

If you have evidence which undermines the allegation then it's best to obtain advice from your solicitor before handing it over to the Police. However, in my case I was told not to hand over the undermining evidence by my solicitor but chose to ignore their advice and I'm glad I did because it led to the case against me collapsing and resulting in my accuser being under investigation for making a false accusation. Sometimes, solicitors don't always give the best advice particularly if they think the case might go further and it's going to provide them with a case and income.
      Last edited by slowdown73; 26 March 2016, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X