Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice?

Hi everyone,
    My OH was arrested on suspicion of rape only 2 hours after consensual sex. He has a witness who heard that she was enjoying herself and can say that she seemed under no distress when he saw her after.
    Will this be enough? We're both ill over this, it's so distressing, our poor 3 month old daughter isn't getting the attention she deserves because we're all over the place. What if she went to the extreme to mark herself? OH stopped intercourse because she became rough which he doesn't like, there's a small mark on his back where she scratched him, surely that shows she was pulling him in closer rather than fighting him off?
    Any advice on what we should expect. Bail hearing is in 2 months!
    Thank you everyone!

Firstly, try not to panic!
    Take a deep breath.
    You will be all over the place for a while. That's normal.
    Secondly,
    Did your OH have a solicitor with him when he was questioned?
    Thirdly,
    These are very early days, and the police will have revealed very little about the allegation at this stage so there really is no point in guessing the outcome.
    Finally,
    Write down everything he can remember about the "incident" and keep these notes safe just in case.
    It seems it's best to not say too much in defence at this stage as the complainant is allowed to change their story to fit round your version.
    Obviously it's best to answer their questions but be guided by your solicitor.
    Please don't panic. It really is very early days and this may drag on for a while yet.
    There's plenty of time for this to result in No Further Action.
    Hang in there.
    YoH

Comment

Thanks for the speedy response YoH!
      He has his solicitor present and we've began writing everything down.
      The frustrating thing is as he was being arrested he was told she had said two men pinned her down and raped her, but when interviewed the next day they said it was just one, when he mentioned that, they brushed it off saying it was probably a mistake made by the person making the call (her friend) so frustrating, he said they'd find a bed with the sheets hardly messy and her jeans and underwear on the floor neatly stepped out of. Do they take photos of the room? She was allowed to go straight home so I fear she has messed with any evidence.
      I've found a lot of comfort in these threads! How people have coped going through it for a long period of time is unbelievable and very courageous!
      Thankyou!

Comment

In my experience the police will do very little "investigating" so unlikely to have taken any photos.
        Especially if it may prove your OHs innocence.
        They're only interested in building a strong enough case to get it past the CPS.
        Then they can charge.
        There really isn't any real plan these cases follow.
        Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
        Try not to let it take over your life.
        Have a time out from it, day out or meal out, anything that can crowd out the negative feelings.
        It's not easy but give it a try over the Easter hols.
        It's a long wait between bail dates!
        Keep strong
        YoH

Comment

Sounds like the "rough" treatment and her scratching him etc could be her trying to set him up for a false rape claim.

Hold on in there.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

hello,

sorry to hear you in this situation, when my OH was arrested my youngest was 10 months at the time. I'm not going to lie to you, they pick up on things, no matter how hard you try and hide it. You just have to make sure you look after yourself so that you can look after baby.

Take one day at a time, a witness is good (providing they are reliable and willing to stand up in court) but also is there messages from her (especially after the event in question) via text facebook or what ever i can imagine they would be more use. Any places before after where there might be cctv?? maybe look on the accusers social media incase they mention anything...to cut a long post short the police wont work on finding anything to prove your OH innocence, you and OH have to. But keep strong and don't forget to look after yourself.

h xxxx
            "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Working...
            X