have been asked to write character ref

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have been asked to write character ref

Need advice, little bit complicated, I've been seeing my bf for almost 2 years we met on a dating site, and its a long distance relationship, but he has a gf who he met on the same site one month before me, needless to hes been seeing us both although she doesn't know about me,
    he's been accused of historical rape and sexual assault back in 2010, it was consensual sex, he's told me the full story and it is about revenge, and I know he's not guilty of it, the whole story from the victim doesn't add up dates are all over the place, plus he has gf at the time's statement too
    what i want to know basically is what should i put in my character witness statement , and would the fact he's got two gf's go against him , he's been told the gf cannot be used but can use my statement be used sorry not good at explaining stuff but that's kind of a condensed version

He can use his previous or current girlfriend's character statement - not sure why he has been told he can't.

All you can say in your statement is how he treats you, whether you feel safe in his company etc etc.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Also, has he got any previous convictions ?

Because its not really a 'good character' reference, if he has previous. More a letter of support I guess.

but he sounds like a piece of work, as from what I can make of your post, he had one girlfriend, and 2 girls he met off a website who he was seeing all at the same time....not exactely an honest john
      Recommended Solicitors --- www.arcadianlaw.com
      Proven results for people accused of False Allegations

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
        Also, has he got any previous convictions ?

Because its not really a 'good character' reference, if he has previous. More a letter of support I guess.

but he sounds like a piece of work, as from what I can make of your post, he had one girlfriend, and 2 girls he met off a website who he was seeing all at the same time....not exactely an honest john
        No he has no previous convictions, and I guess without knowing the whole story it does look that way . he has met previous girlfriends on dating sites and his relationships have lasted a couple of years with them and ended naturally ,you know people move on.....
        he's not been happy with the current girlfriend for some time shes obsessive, overly nice, and pushy, he's not had a physical relationship with her for months and i know as he's shown me her texts , but he's afraid of ending it before the trial because of what might happen ....
        and the woman who is accusing him of rape was a neighbor who cheated on her husband then he found out....

Comment

Working...
        X