Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know what to do - advice needed

Hi everyone well it's nearly coming up to time for OH to answer bail
    again ( on bail since Nov 15) last time was a reinterview and OIC said at the time that the case was going to CPS that was 9-10 weeks since then now. We have been trying to have as normal life as we can but now wonder what is best route for OH should we ring the duty ( who we are sure works alongside the OIC and really last time answering bail he said that he tried to speak to OIC to find out about that bail date and what would happen i.e interview but had no answers just said allow all morning . Or should we ring the OIC and ask for an update say a couple of days before. Might sound silly but feel that may be OH should just turn up as an feel they enjoy all the drama of not telling us anything .

Can anyone tell me should he expect to go back in a cell again as each time previously they put OH in cell when he gets there and also after interview OIC really is a client/ complainant person only so suppose answering my own question really . I am sure they also have cells that they use that are colder than others sounds stupid but OH said that last time they put him in furthest away ( rest were empty ) and the first one was freezing - probably a tactic to see if they can get OH to say anything to help them whilst not being able to think straight .

OH I know is trying his best to ignore everything but as time no goes on can see the absolute dispair in his eyes and no hope going through his mind . Is really hard now as coming to Easter now would normally have been sitting out eggs etc for family and maybe taking kiddies out off school none of that will prob ever happen again so feel that FA and OIC gave won already.

Thanks for letting me have a moan here and hope that today is a good one for everyone , feel a but better now .

if he is not being reinterviewd then i'm certain he wouldnt be put in a cell again. Personally i would be very surprised if the cps have already come to a decision by then so he will probably be rebailed. There suppose to let you know before hand (well in my area that's what our solicitor says) but they did let us know my OH was going to be rebailed before... 10 minutes before hand! But my OH still had to go in (not put in a cell) to sort out the paperwork and all.

If you trust that you're solicitor will phone you the moment he hears anything then just wait until your solicitor phones. If you are really worried its probably not worth phoning till 2/3 days before because the police may wait till the last minuite to inform you as they don't know when cps will reply?

Hope that all makes sense h xxx
    "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Originally posted by KB19 View Post
      ................We have been trying to have as normal life as we can but now wonder what is best route for OH should we ring the duty ( who we are sure works alongside the OIC and really last time answering bail he said that he tried to speak to OIC to find out about that bail date and what would happen i.e interview but had no answers just said allow all morning . ................... letting me have a moan here and hope that today is a good one for everyone , feel a but better now .
      Duty sols don't work alongside the police, or "for the police" has some people think. They are on a rota, and are called as and when a new suspect is brought into the police station.

They may be friendly with each other, because often the same sols go to the same station and know the same officers. It means nothing.

Some duty sols are really good and some are **** and do as little as possible, for the little money they get paid.

You can sometimes request your own solicitor (or a recommended one) but if they are not on the rota, you might find yourself paying for them. They would have to tell you that in advance. Other recommended sols will try to arrange an interview that fits in with their duty, so you don't have to pay.

If it's just to answer bail he is unlikely to be put into a cell. If they want to reinterview him, he may have to go into a cell until a duty sol is called for him. If it's a charge, they may put him in a cell while the solicitor is called.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thank you Hello88 and RF , am hoping OH will be ok it's such a tough time and although we are a not talking about it ( bail date)!its creeping up on us.

Thanks RF for giving us a bit more confidence in the duty think we were thinking by the way they acted together that there did not seem any point in talking to him as would go straight back to the OIC but trying to keep things in perspective although this is difficult (as do not trust too many at the moment.)Oh has already spoken to sol ,Just in case of the worst and being charged - he said he would take our case and told us costs so we know . Is going to be hard to cope with anything else until over this bit but coming on here does help and so many being treated so badly makes me so mad but being selfish not so alone too. Trying to make the best of everything just hope it comes back to haunt FA for the rest of there days .

Comment

Originally posted by KB19 View Post
          ...............Just in case of the worst and being charged - he said he would take our case and told us costs so we know . Is going to be hard to cope with anything else until over this bit but coming on here does help and so many being treated so badly makes me so mad but being selfish not so alone too. Trying to make the best of everything just hope it comes back to haunt FA for the rest of there days .

You don't have to stay with him if there is a charge. Do you know for sure he is used to defending false allegations? Also, check to clarify that your OH is eligible for legal aid before spending money when you might not need to.

Comment

Hi RF

Thanks for saying about the legal aid bit will
            Look into for OH . Not counting our chickens though as we did have our business and of course you can never usually claim anything .

Re Sol it is ( not sure if allowed to mention names) one you recommended so more than happy if we are in that position , do not think LA will apply then. Thanks anyway.

Comment

I thought you sounded a little wary of him - but if it's one I recommended they will be ok. Yes it is ok to name here as others can learn from replies.

if you are thinking of gong private though, solicitor Chris Saltrese is the best!

Comment

Hi RF

Yes Chris is the one OH rang , it was something we had been discussing and when we luckily fell upon this website realised who we should call ( not ghost busters - maybe court busters) sorry have to keep
                My mad sense of humour going somewhere . So we are both pleased there is somewhere to come too for all the advice and help .

Comment

Working...
                X