New member need urgent advice falsely identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member need urgent advice falsely identified

Well at 7 am in the morning after working hard all week we woke up to police banging our door. We let them in politely and was told my husband had been identified on a sexual assault charge.

He was arrested and the police were looking for a particular item of clothing my husband doesn't own. He was questioned by the police and DNA was taken. He's never been arrested before and was shaking like a leaf.

Turns out a cctv image (side blurry view) of the man had been publicly released and someone has said it was him. The mans hair line and completion is different and the description of the man is completely different to that of my husband. This man is going round the neighbourhood on 5 occasions incense the exposure and sexually assaulting 2 women.

My husband was questioned on the two sexual assaults and 2 cases of indecent exposure. He was at work when the first assault took place and the police have him on bail for 3 weeks and cleared him of indecent exposure which occurred on both dates. He was at home with me after taking my daughter to school at the time of this incident and cctv from our home has been deleted.

We are so scared we both have good jobs a daughter and never been involved with the police. We can't eat or sleep we don't know what to expect next. We have an appointment with a solicitor to discuss just want some advice.

The other incidents my husband was at work and the police are looking for the same man.

Please help in sick with worry  We've been happily married for 3 years and we want our life back. At the time of questioning my hubby couldn't remember his whereabouts for 3 months ago but said if he wasn't at work he would have been with his wife if she wasn't at university that day which I wasn't I had just broke up. I remember the day clearly we were building a present for our little girl being excited for xmas. Help
    Last edited by Casehardened; 5 March 2016, 11:27 PM. Reason: adding paragraphs

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I've not altered any of your wording but just added paragraphs to make it easier to understand the salient points.

As it's the first time you've been involved with the police you are naturally going out of your mind but try not to worry too much.

There must have been lots of adverse local publicity about this so the police will have to follow up any leads given to them.

However there will eventually be a video ID parade and so the victims will exonerate your husband; what did the duty solicitor think?
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Don't be too disheartened.

technoglogy for ID parade is very advanced now. hopefully he will make ti thru clean, but if not, then you need to get your solicitors thoughts on his chances and what happens next asap.

good luck
      Recommended Solicitors --- www.arcadianlaw.com
      Proven results for people accused of False Allegations

Comment

Working...
      X