Homeless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeless

My partner has been discharged today from hospital as he was sectioned but because his improved a lot they've put in a homeless hostel for 4 nights only but because of the FA made against him no where else will take him what options does he have? I can't see how they can just make people live on the streets yet he can't stay with family or me because we have children under 18. Asking on his behalf as he doesn't have Internet at the moment.

Hi KittyKat23,

His situation sounds terrible. Surely the council should be able to find him somewhere. Maybe he can pop down to citizen advice and see what they say. If he was sectioned under mental health then surely they need to consider his wellbeing.

https://www.gov.uk/emergency-housing-if-homeless

Keep supporting him,

AI x

Comment

If he has mental health issues try contacting MIND or Gofal as they offer emergency accommodation. Shelter are also good, has he been discharged to the crisis team? If so surely they won't want to see somebody so vulnerable of the streets.
      Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Originally posted by Lilyput View Post
        If he has mental health issues try contacting MIND or Gofal as they offer emergency accommodation. Shelter are also good, has he been discharged to the crisis team? If so surely they won't want to see somebody so vulnerable of the streets.
        I don't think he has I think he just got discharged and then put into a homeless shelter just for men which is apparently vile and his only allowed there for 4 days as only place like I said would have him and even if his feeling suicidal and emotional no one will help him because of the allegations that have been made against him makes me so angry because he was getting so much help and support when he hit rock bottom with his mental health and his still not better yet no one will help him :'(

Comment

If he was sectioned he must have been given a key/ support worker on his discharge back into the community. I can't believe that even with the allegations he would be discharged unless he had somewhere to go to. The mental health sector is woefully underfunded but not to the point he'd be discharged without follow up appointments.

Mr kitty Kat or someone on his behalf needs to go over his paperwork and see who he needs to contact for follow up appointments and contact them on Monday explaining the situation. It may be they are working on finding him somewhere after the homeless hostel or it could be they haven't read that far in his file to the allegations and aren't aware of the problems he will face staying with family or a B & B.

His mental health problems are enough for you all to be dealing without facing these hideous allegations. FAs really are evil twisted individuals wreaking havoc on often the most vulnerable people.

Comment

Unable to advise on this one but sending you lots of love for what must be a terrible situation. Contacting MIND and the local emergency housing seem like excellent ideas for a first step.
            "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Originally posted by wakingnightmare View Post
              If he was sectioned he must have been given a key/ support worker on his discharge back into the community. I can't believe that even with the allegations he would be discharged unless he had somewhere to go to. The mental health sector is woefully underfunded but not to the point he'd be discharged without follow up appointments.

Mr kitty Kat or someone on his behalf needs to go over his paperwork and see who he needs to contact for follow up appointments and contact them on Monday explaining the situation. It may be they are working on finding him somewhere after the homeless hostel or it could be they haven't read that far in his file to the allegations and aren't aware of the problems he will face staying with family or a B & B.

His mental health problems are enough for you all to be dealing without facing these hideous allegations. FAs really are evil twisted individuals wreaking havoc on often the most vulnerable people.
              He saw a doctor today from the mental health as had a meeting with them and the homeless shelter his got a review tomorrow about his housing situation but his not optimistic they are trying to see if they can get any support for him as they believe this won't go very far too much hear say at the moment but that's down to the police all I'm worried about is his getting him a place to live.

I haven't seen him since his been out so I can't comment on the paperwork but his been seeing his mum everyday so hopefully she'll have a look and he did get b n b but he can't afford £50 a night and not many hostels will take him because of the allegations. The one his in at the moment have loads of crack heads doing drugs.

I completely agree with you on that and his not the only they're getting down for false allegations to do with rape someone step dad too just doesn't make sense to any of us but all we can do is try and support him through till the end and just hope for a good outcome.

Comment

Let us know how it goes my lovely Will the YMCA take him, if there's one near? Also do hostels HAVE to know about false allegations?
                Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Working...
                X