did the police do their job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did the police do their job?

have the police done their job is what I want to know? my husband was arrested last June had an informal chat which lasted 15 minutes he got charged in Dec were going to trial in Sept! !! at no point has he been interrogated no defence has been put forward the cps didn't even see his daughters statement that will prove it's all lies

I'm assuming he has a solicitor?

No police don't do their job, not if it means uncovering evidence which would go any way to prove innocence
    They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

yes solicitor barrister etc... it's so ****. I just wanted to know if we have any rights as to the the police not doing their job to the fullest. he only got asked 3 questions in the chat and we didn't find out what he was actually fully accused of until magistrates. his daughter did a defence statement and that has been misplaced by the police. it's driving me insane I want to do something to show their has been a miscarriage of justice

Comment

The police do not do their job in these cases. A lost statement??

I believe it's not classed as a miscarriage of justice until someone is wrongly convicted but I , unfortunately know what you mean.I was never questioned after being arrested and didn't really understand what the charges were as I hadn't committed any offences.

I truly believe I was silenced in the most disgusting way possible. Arrested , charged with threatening those who falsely accused my partner and banned from our home.

Not a miscarriage of justice but I do believe a malicious prosecution

Comment

what do you mean by seeds???

Comment

The bottom line is a "signature option" which appears on all posts- it's a Mexican proverb

Comment

No the police don't do their job !!

My brother was falsely accused by a family member who is just a year older than me. They didn't ask me to attend (even though I rang the OIC) to ask me whether I'd been abused or not (which I haven't)....for all the police know, I could HAVE been a victim too.... but, they've never asked. Nor have they checked the FA statement against 'fact' .... which we managed to get hold of in under an hour.

The FA says she was raped at a certain address at a particular age and she's 'definite' about how old she was (she gives four reasons for being 'definite'). She describes the interior of the house and a full description of the bedroom where the attack took place. The family didn't get keys to that house until THREE AND A HALF YEARS after she said the rape occurred.

My brother has been charged with rape of a child under the age of 13....even if he had raped her (which he didn't).... she would have been 15 and a half when they had access to that house. She says my brother was 16-18 years old at the time.... when they had access to that house my brother was actually 23 years of age.

She says her late father was an alcoholic (poor fella, he was a gentleman.... he didn't drink due to a serious condition he had - we've got medical records to prove this....he had one measure of liquer once a week.... he could not have more than this or he'd end up in hospital). She says her severely disabled and profoundly deaf grandmother heard a thud whilst my brother was raping her, and her grandmother ran up the stairs to catch them half undressed. This is the utter rubbish we are having to fight. My ex sister in law highlighted these few inconsistencies to the police.... they let her write out a statement ....then at the pre trial hearing labelled it as 'unusable' . We later found out it's 'unusable' for the prosecution. But, why have the CPS proceeded to charge! We have since found 70 more inconsistencies.... including the FA colluding with her main witness (whom she insists she hasn't seen for ten years yet they live on the same street!!!!).

Comment

surely this is something your solicitor should be raising
                Recommended Solicitors --- www.arcadianlaw.com
                Proven results for people accused of False Allegations

Comment

[QUOTE=Lucky;61450]surely this is something your solicitor should be raising[/QUOTE

A good solicitor and barrister will use all these facts to prove FA lying but sometimes it is better to raise at trial or FA can change her story to suit and the defence evidence therefore not be so helpful should police take a further statement from her or cohorts once you give decence disclosure to OIC/CPS

Comment

3 weeks

3 weeks till the trial and life is getting unbearable my poor husband is frantic we living day by day I know he's innocent and it's all lies all the way through her statement. But I don't trust the system!!!!

Comment

Stay strong

Hi sorry to hear the hell you are going through, I know how awful it is as OH went through the horror of a week and a half trial last year but unanimous NG and here to tell the tail. Similar allegation. I hope you have a good defence team and have done a timeline with all,discepancies to show FA lies. Hold your head up high, he has done nothing wrong. Dont forget FA hasn't had her lies questioned yet the trial is your husbands chance to tell his truth and hopefully FA will be exposed so hold your heads up and keep going sending positivity to you bothx
                      Last edited by Staystrong1; 2 September 2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Thank you I'm scared of what happens if we don't prove she's lied of being alone to deal with people who don't know the truth thinking he's a pedophile. 15 months he hasn't seen his son because of these false accusations and I worry what he has been told as to why! In fact I worry about everything Xmas alone the bloody trial starts on our 2nd wedding anniversary!!

Comment

I can certainly understand your emotions. I can remember them all too well when we were waiting for the trial to begin.

I can only echo what Staystrong1 has said ........... A liar may have been handled with kid gloves by the police since the allegation was made but under scrutiny, it is a different matter.

My partner's accuser was not even asked any questions in court by the prosecution. Maybe the prosecution barrister knew it was a load of codswallop.

Are you prepared with your solicitor/barrister?

Sending you strength for the last leg of this journey. You have come all this way and you will come out of the other end. (Even though it may not feel like it at the moment) When my partner was arrested and bailed for 4 weeks - I thought I could not cope for 4 weeks. That turned in to 2 years and we coped. It is amazing what we can endure especially when we have no choice.

Stay strong.

Comment

Working...
                          X