The waiting game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The waiting game

Being told my case has gone off to the cps after not even two weeks of investigation ... Really is hard waiting for this decision feels like my life is on hold !

Will I be charged or won't I ... The agony is unbearable.

All you can do is wait, it's like being in limbo land, try and carry on as normal, keep busy and don't shut yourself away from family and friends. Fingers crossed the waiting game won't go on too long. The not knowing drives you mad but there's nothing you can do to hurry things up. Stay positive.

Comment

Believe me, you're not the only one.

It's absolute hell being stuck in the land of uncertainty. If there's one lesson I've gleamed from this whole ordeal it is how precious ones freedom is. That was something I took for granted before. Never again.

Go out and meet people, exercise, read a lot and watch/read things on positivity.

Comment

As others have said there is not much you can do sadly but wait this horrible chapter out.

It’s easier said than done but do try to keep yourself busy and spend time with your friends and family because being left alone with your thoughts is only going to make you more anxious and ultimately it’s stress you could be doing without.

I spent my mornings, afternoons and evenings dwelling on my situation reading about convictions, prison stories and everything else in between for 2 whole years. In the end the truth came out and I was found innocent but I done serious damage to my mental state in those years worrying myself sick.

Please try to go about your life with a bit of normality and I pray for a quick decision/positive outcome for you.

Comment

Thank you for your quick comments ... I am still going to work and I still have my mum and dad ... I go the pub for a few pints every other day ... I am sleeping well too.

I think about it every hour of the day ... Last thing I think about before sleep and the first thing I think about when I wake up ... Just wish I could go back in time.

Can anyone shed any light on why the OIC took less than two weeks to investigate before sending it to the CPS ?

I mean they must think they have a case otherwise they wouldn't of sent it to the CPS?
          Last edited by Inadarkplace; 17 February 2016, 03:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I don't think it's something to dwell on just now.

You can start reading too much into things which again isn't ideal. The up shot (if there is one) is that you might not be left in limbo for as long if it's moving a bit quicker than you see with others.

Comment

Originally posted by Inadarkplace View Post
              Being told my case has gone off to the cps after not even two weeks of investigation ... Really is hard waiting for this decision feels like my life is on hold !

Will I be charged or won't I ... The agony is unbearable.
              I cannot remember exactly your whole situation.... However......here are some words to give you a MOTIVATIONAL super Charge.....

Remain STRONG..........YOU ARE NOT ALONE...........

Many on this forum (including myself) are going through similar traumatic experiences........(I have been waiting a whole year for a decision)......the CPS can take a very long time.....over a year in fact......in some cases...

Yes it is VERY difficult.....

Yes the WAITING and THE UNCERTAINTY.......is absolutely mind breaking.....

Yes you will HAVE bad days.....where you FEEL gloomy.......tired.....and will want to give up.........

BUT ......look YOU WILL......pull through..........

You ARE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK......

Never LET the False Accuser WIN........

You are not a puddle.......you are not a door mat........dont let the False accuser WIPE THIER corrupt feet all over YOU.......

YOU will eventually SEE a Small Ray of LIGHT......you will......just ride out the storm.........be patient.....be cool........keep your mind active.......

Start the gym if you have not already......

Stand tall.........stand proud........hold your own............and WALK STRONG........

YOU ARE INNOCENT and A Unfortunate victim of being falsely accused.........yes that's correct...(all of us that have been falsely accused are victims of a unfair institutional corrupt system)

There are many members on here who can and all support you...........

In regards to your OIC Question.... My case was similar in that the OIC waited a few weeks before sending to the CPS.....this can mean that the OIC is just covering his back side.....and they just send it to CPS....anyway.....

Kind regards A12.
              Last edited by Arsenal12; 17 February 2016, 04:01 PM.
              Turn the pain into power. ::

Comment

Yes Edinguy your right there mate maybe I will get some closure sooner rather than later and for better than for worse!

I haven't got a bail date though ... So I'm in limbo even more ... Should I keep calling the OIC for an update??

Comment

No idea why but wanted to say we are in same situation OH's case was sent to CPS after 12 days, it's been four months without a glance from CPS. So can really sympathize!
                  I think sending it to CPS early either means they did their investigating before interview (in our case they spoke to witnesses before my OH) or it's your word against FA's so there isn't any evidence to collect.
                  Good luck it really is hell big hugs!!
                  Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Thanks for your response lily put ...

I hope all the best for your torment it really is torture ...

Has he got a bail date??

Or do you keep ringing the OIC?

Comment

He wasn't arrested so no bail, he called OIC once who said as it had gone to CPS he wouldn't know anything else. Then we called the CPS on the 1st of Feb who said it hadn't been looked at and not to contact them they'd contact us. So we won't know anything else until they either drop it or charge. Sorry not to be of more help.
                      Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

I have no bail date at all... I really am consfused ... My FA has just cried rape or regretted it the next day ... We both weren't drunk so it's just a consensual thing ... her statement is so far fetched it really is unbelievable after I had allegedly raped her she went into the living room and slept on the sofa leaving me 'the rapist' to sleep in her bed until the morning ! That's just one lie she has told.
                        Last edited by Inadarkplace; 17 February 2016, 07:34 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Is that too much information ?

Comment

I was arrested pretty much 4 months ago to the day!
                            Case sent to the CPS Dec, rebailed early Feb till early April.
                            Have thought about allsorts of reasons wny the case was sent to the cps reasonably early?
                            Is this a good sign? Maybe a bad sign??
                            Had some absolute horrendous days, a car door bangs and i think its the police (everytime!!

I really dont fancy going to court one little bit!
                            Apart from the stress it will cause to me and my family, the chance of it being printed somewhere? And obviously the cost implications!!

I will say one thing, even though the waiting around is horrendous....i think as the whole sorry situation as gone on, I have grown stronger than I have ever felt!!!

Like i said, lets hope it doesn't come to it....but if i do get charged, i will fight her all the way!

Agree with the exercise to help, I personally havent gone down the anti depressant route...and i also have to try and keep the alcohol under control (although i struggle with this )

Just try and be strong, and I hope all goes well for you and you get a positive result soon!

Comment

Thanks for the response aidy ..
                              What was there accuse for rebail?
                              Is it actually the cps who bail you or the police?

Ye I have been going the pub more than usuall to be honest aidy so I don't blame you for that ..

Really hope to god I do not get charged I too really don't feel like going to court!

Comment

Working...
                              X