Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rights at work

Hi,

I am real sorry if there is already a post regarding this but I wasnt able to find it.
    Just as my partner and I were talking about his rights at work, we thought it might be good for a general idea on how to handle being accused at work.

My partner was arrested and interviewed back in April 2015. As he was suppose to go to work, he had to get his shift covered and afterwards felt too low to return for a few days. His boss knows about the whole situation and supports him as does his boss's boss. My partner works in the pub trade as a manager holding a personal licence. He has been with his company for nearly 5 years and never had any issues at work. I was wondering if his case goes to court, will he only be suspended at work? How long could his suspension last? Could he loose his job? What rights does he have? Has he got more rights than somebody who would have worked for the company for only 6 months?

Sorry if all those questions have been covered somewhere else. Just too much stuff on my mind x

It would probably be best to seek some legal advice if the situation goes further. I am not an expect but I think it would be down to the discretion of his employers whether he is suspended if the case goes to trial. Some employers may ask him to take time off anyway and whether this is paid or not is down to the employer. If he received a conviction then I think there is a good chance he will lose his job. His employers could argue he is no longer suitable to remain in a role working with members of the public and they may also be concerned about their own reputation by keeping him on. Furthermore, following post conviction he may become subject to certain conditions by Probation which prevent contact with certain types of people or restrict him from doing certain things and this may make it very difficult for him to stay in his role.

Comment

Working...
    X