Innocent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innocent

I have been accused of rape but provided proof to the police that I was at work when the alleged rape took place. This was 4 weeks ago why am I still on bail? Also the police were supposed to investigate but I had to provide the proof of my wearabouts as they didn't bother to look. I provided the evidence on 24th December but had to give it in again on the 4th January as the evidence got lost. What is happening?

Hello and welcome to the forum,

[I've moved your post to this more appropriate section of the forum]

The likely answer to your query is that the police will need to reinterview your accuser and say that the offence couldn't have happened on the stated date because of x,y & z and invite an explanation from them before taking a decision on what to do.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

If you read through the threads you will see a common theme. The police generally are not interested in any evidence that can assist the defence.

If you think of anything that you didn't mention at interview, that might help your case, do not tell the police because they will then go back to the accuser who will then change her story to suit.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

although this is the only FA that you are dealing with, the officers probably have a ton of accusations they have to work on. so your case may not be priority for them, and they have to work through to it.

being on bail for a while is sadly a painful reality of being on the wrong side of a FA. get your solicitor to keep the pressure on the OIC.

be lucky mate
        Recommended Solicitors --- www.arcadianlaw.com
        Proven results for people accused of False Allegations

Comment

Working...
        X