X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel whilst on bail

Hi all

A quick question please re travel.....

I was arrested in December, and was given unconditional bail until March. The police did say that if they were able to conclude matters one way or the other before then, they would call me and let me know.

I was hoping to have a few days away next month to try and get away from things for a while. Is this allowed? And what happens if I book a trip, and the police then call me to go in earlier?

Many thanks

T C

I would check with appropriate agency- would that be cops if you're not on bail? I went abroad twice while I was bailed- sol said not to go for more than 6 nights away from bail address. Don't see why it wouldn't be allowed- just make sure
    They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

I'd ask to show you have nothing to hide but doubt they would know, my OH went on a weekend break a month after interview (though he isn't on bail) but he's spoken to the OIC since and it was never mentioned.

Though I wouldn't publicly post holiday pictures all over facebook as they might try and use it against you if it did go to court.

Hope you manage to get away it's the right time of year to go with all this snow lol!
      Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

unconditional bail, means unconditional.

go where you want.
        Recommended Solicitors --- www.arcadianlaw.com
        Proven results for people accused of False Allegations

Comment

Just to make doubly sure (and it looks good for you, that you bother to check) contact the police and tell them when and where you are going. If possible do this in writing and ask for a response......
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

My partner and I went on a few holidays and one of them lasting for 11 days. My OH was arrested back in April and when I had to go to the police to be interviewed I checked with the OIC. She told me that as long as we dont break any of his bail conditions and will be back for the rebail dates on time, it doesn't matter at all how often or long we go for.

Comment

Thanks guys, much appreciated! 😊

Comment

Working...
              X