Family member of someone falsely accused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family member of someone falsely accused

Hi I don't want to go into too much detail about the case itself as it's not me it's a very close family member! But I have been reading a lot of posts on here and just wanted to rant/discuss my experience and see if anyone can relate or offer any support or words of wisdom for me to help my family member through what can only be described as hell on earth!

He comes from a very nice family well brought up and has decent morals and has never ever been in trouble with the police before he has a child too and had completely consensual sex with a female (who actually instigated it all and was more than up for it) more than he was actually.
    Who then cried rape....consequently it's a small place we are from and when it was detailed in a local rag mag the next day he went to the police station of his own accord to explain his side he was arrested and then bailed , to subsequently be charged on the Basis of absolutely Zero evidence just her word vs his! Court case is nearing and he is in such a horrendous place because his name has been dragged through the mud he's had death threats by narrow minded folk with nothing better to do than gossip and spread rubbish without knowing any of the facts! his family home address has been plastered all over the rag mag! Every day is just absolute hell on earth for him and his loved ones! What the hell happened to innocent until proven guilty in this god forsaken place!!! One silly little girl uses that word and everyone's life turns into chaos! While she sits pretty getting on with her life obvious to the consequences!!!

It infuriates me but I feel like I'm not the only one from reading stuff on here!

No idea what to expect from the trial it's scheduled for 3 days but solicitor reckons it won't take that long! It's all in the hands of the jury!! He has the best solicitor and barrister money can buy and they have his back 100% and even called the thing a farce but still it's down to the jury! Hoping they aren't a woman sympathiser with her sob story! And I mean STORY!!

Hello,

I really feel for the guy you are talking about. Its a horrific situation to be in when you know he is innocent. Its important that he has the right legal support in place and at least he has you as a family to support him. I don't know what else to say really - its such a horrible situation to be in and like you say, its completely unfair that his name has appeared in the papers before the trial has started. Damage to someone's reputation can never be properly restored once something like that happens and can have a lasting and deep impact. Hopefully the trial will go in his favour and once its over, its important he gets the right support that he needs such as counselling/therapy etc. I wish you all the best and keep us informed of how it goes.

Comment

Sorry to read this thread. Being involved in a FA is an eye opener. It is unbelievable that one person's word can get this far. However, we are submersed in the 'believe the victim' culture.

It is important to have a good sol to handle the case. My partner had excellent sol and barrister.........who spent hours preparing for the case and handled the case 1st class from start to finish.

It certainly is a farce............ I despair how much money is wasted in these cases. I felt my partner's case was blatently obvious that it was all a pack of lies - however it got to trial. I don't think I will ever stop questioning how CPS could have 'believed' it was true. I try to mentally fight against the thought that they are chasing targets with no regard to innocence.

I've just watched the series 'Making a Murderer'. Very thought provoking for those who thought police and deceipt do not exist.

Comment

Working...
      X