My son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son

hello my name is gill and in December my son was charged with a rape he did not do ,after being on bail for over a year and a half .there is no DNA OR CCTV,of the place were it was supposed to happen the main road in and out of town ,just over road from police station. my son has taken to drinking ,he did last year and he was going to kill himself with drink we got him in rehab in Scotland he came home doing really well ,then in dec this year he was charged .all I no is that the trial will be in june july ,I don't no out of my husband son and myself which of us will still be alive .I wake up every morning and then realize it wasn't a dream its all true

Hi Hun,
    You found us so thats good. You will find support and good infomation and help here.

Im so sorry this is happening to your Son all i can say is get him a good solicitor and dont tell the police anything, they are not his friend.

And if you feel like you do come on here as we do understand the stress of a FA
    Last edited by Shah; 16 January 2016, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Sorry you had to find us- it's like joining an exclusive club.
      Please don't do anything rash- your son will need you to be there for him- it seems quite often we females are the support mechanisms for them.
      If i can ask how long after the alleged offence did she make the complaint?
      In these cases you have to be your own detective- the police are not interested in anything that may prove his innocence.
      Make a time line , consider any possible witness- and try to make sure he has a good defence team.

keep posting- there are so many of us travelling this long and arduous journey who can give support and advice
      They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

Well said Amanda x

Comment

Originally posted by Shah View Post
          Well said Amanda x
          Welcome to the forum. I agree totally with both Amanda and Shah. This forum has been a god send for me and the support is great. It's not a nice situation to be in but we all stick together like a extended family unit.
          Take care and you know where we are.

Megane2015

Comment

Originally posted by AmandaF View Post
            Sorry you had to find us- it's like joining an exclusive club.
            Please don't do anything rash- your son will need you to be there for him- it seems quite often we females are the support mechanisms for them.
            If i can ask how long after the alleged offence did she make the complaint?
            In these cases you have to be your own detective- the police are not interested in anything that may prove his innocence.
            Make a time line , consider any possible witness- and try to make sure he has a good defence team.

keep posting- there are so many of us travelling this long and arduous journey who can give support and advice
            hi my son and this girl left pub 4 am
            she left first while he went for pee ,then when he came out she was talking to 2 men ,she started to walkaway and one of them started to argue with my son about girl ie she knew this lad from local fe courses she states .she crossed road and was in doorway waiting for we think my son but could of been other ,they where kissing and cuddling, she lived in diff town from us so my son said he would get her a lift home he gave her the number to ring which was our home ,so then my husband and grandson went to pk them up, they were still in door way when they pipped horn they both got in and on turning corner she said I get out hear as my mates are down there getting a taxi .we arrived home my son got his shorts on that he wears to bed .at around4 45 am the police came and took him, she said that the people who came to pick her up tried to bundle her in a pick up, this was my husband and 15 year old grandson .they have never been questioned yet or his clothes taken.we think she wanted to get back to this man she knew and he had gone so she had no way of getting home ,as she had passed 2 taxi offices and 1 rank and god no s how many passing taxis

Comment

That really is one you couldn't make up!!

Are there any witnesses to her being "bundled into a pick up"?
              I can't see where, at any point in this story, your son was supposed to have committed the offence.
              Does he have a time scale for the sequence of events?

Comment

[QUOTE=AmandaF;60187]That really is one you couldn't make up!!

I can't see where, at any point in this story, your son was supposed to have committed the offence.
                Does he have a time scale for the sequence of events?[/QUO

its was hubby and grandson in my showgun its not a pick up . the time scale from them leaving the venue to being arrested was 50 mins ,she had phoned our house number so when police arrived the house phone rang again by police office to confirm they had right person

Comment

[QUOTE=gillianh;60188]
                  Originally posted by AmandaF View Post
                  That really is one you couldn't make up!!

Does he have a time scale for the sequence of events?[/QUO

its was hubby and grandson in my showgun its not a pick up . the time scale from them leaving the venue to being arrested was 50 mins ,she had phoned our house number so when police arrived the house phone rang again by police office to confirm they had right person
                  it would take 10 mins to get home

Comment

And that 50 minutes is when he allegedly raped the girl??? Called home, had an altercation with the other blokes??
                    Am dumbfounded to be honest.

Comment

You couldnt make it up..... well actually you can as so many people are getting away with just that !!! especially the police !

Good luck Gill with things, your here so thats a good start !

Comment

Its heartbreaking to read these stories.

I go away for some months, and come back and it never changes.

be strong, be lucky
                        Recommended Solicitors --- www.arcadianlaw.com
                        Proven results for people accused of False Allegations

Comment

bet your glad your back!!

nope not until someone high up does something about it!

Comment

A warm welcome to you................but what a horrendous experience for you all.

It all seems ridiculous ........ I would love to be a fly on the wall (in your son's case and many other's) when they make these decisions and how they come to them.

The threshold seems to be very low in respect of evidence.

Being on the receiving end of an FA is horrendous............. the continuous anxiousness, the not knowing what is going on.

Now your son has been charged, it is his opportunity to fight back and build his defence. An experienced and good sol. is so important.

Hang on in there. You will receive lots of support on here.

Comment

Working...
                            X