X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous Compensation

Situation now looking very bleak.

Second FA.

Both FA's have made historical allegations about someone else before.

Is it possible to find out if they received compensation then?

Thanks

What happened to the previous accused? Were they convicted?

You cannot obtain the information in relation to compensation but a solicitor or barrister can if it is necessary to the current case.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Yes they were convicted.

Looking for motivation.

Hoping its relevant as timeframe for all the alleged incidents of abuse overlaps.

Comment

Hi are they related the 2 FA and have they collaberated. Why Would they not have mentioned it before if they have made previous allegations around the same time as others convicted. Seems highly unlikey they wouldnt have said at the time. Did both make the allegations against the other person?
        What has caused the 2nd person to come forward do you know. Has he had contact with them over the years

Comment

Originally posted by Staystrong1 View Post
          Hi are they related the 2 FA and have they collaberated. Why Would they not have mentioned it before if they have made previous allegations around the same time as others convicted. Seems highly unlikey they wouldnt have said at the time. Did both make the allegations against the other person?
          What has caused the 2nd person to come forward do you know. Has he had contact with them over the years
          Yes they are very closely related.

I'm be dumbfounded if they'd not collaborated. But how do you prove that.

They both made allegations about other person.

Why you would be brave enough to speak out X years ago about one incident of abuse which took place in 1990* but not mention the repeated abuse you suffered between 1987* and 1992* I don't know.
          No doubt this will be explained by them being traumatised.

FA2 has given no explanation as to why she didn't mention abuse then nor why she is speaking out now. She followed FA1's lead previously hence my question regarding compensation.

How much of these previous allegations if any get passed to CPS. The Police made it plain to me they weren't interested in presenting a balanced case.

He has had no contact for many years following previous allegations.

Sorry for the tone but I'm more than peeved off today.

* All years totally fictional this is a public forum after all
          Last edited by wakingnightmare; 16 January 2016, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Stay strong

Hi

Im not suprised you are feeling peeved. It actually sounds very much like they have collaborated and you must be feeling terrible. People do all sorts of things for all sorts of reasons and compensation is a motivating factor in many cases. It seems totally unbeleivable that they didnt declare this at the time the other allegation was made. You are quite right the police wont investigate to prove or disprove they will build the case on FA's accounts. However do not lose heart if a charge were to come this is when you will get the prosecution papers and you will have all the details of the allegations. This may well be their undoing. In OH case case went to trial and in the barristers words the devil is in the detail and defence and us were able to prove collusiion and he got a NG verdict unanimous. This is a very stressful time for you, you only have half the story and your mind must be in turmoil. At this point FAs will not even have been doubted or disbeleived. It is important that you do a timeline and obtain any evidence to support your defence especially if charged. Happy to have a chat if you feel it might help as we have been in the same situation as you and I totally understand the shockand horror of it all. But remain calm and you will get through this. The truth will,outx

Comment

Thanks SS1 that's a very kind offer I shall probably take you up on it when the dust has settled. You just feel so utterly useless faced with it all.

I did try to put a positive spin on it by saying fact both of them chose not to say anything could work in his favour. It seems like end of his life to him.

He has been trying to work on a timeline but it's so long ago. He's started to think of names of family friends & FA's friends at time. Not having had contact for some time it's hard to know where people's loyalties lie. As its historical I'm of no use other than asking questions to try to trigger memories.

I agree totally with the half a story bit, Ex is constantly replaying interviews in his head trying to remember what he said, what Police asked in order to work out what the FAs have said.

Whole situation made worse by it being weekend can't contact anyone with queries and no work to distract so left to dwell.

Thanks again x

Comment

Keep,strong

No,problem, I really feel,your pain, I was in same position with it being historical. But I did a lot of chasing various organizations once we knew more details and the timeline was crucial. Take one day at a time. Try to stop second guessing at this stage. But keep a notebook of any things that come to mind. I will send you a PM with a couple of further thoughts. Take care bothx

Comment

WNM.

I feel so sorry for this person what the **** is the matter with people these days! when does it all stop eh!
                  Your name is no doubt exactly what it is...

Good luck !

Comment

Also may be not in this case but the police trawl- if they don't have enough evidence to convict they will go and find someone else willing to make a statement. I believe this is what happened in my OH's case.

MY OH was in with an older man who had been accused in the 80's so the police trawled through boys who had stayed at his outward bound school at roughly the same time and hey ho- they found someone who now lives in Australia willing to give evidence. So, in his case, he gets to be in his thirties, suddenly abuses a couple of kids, then never does it again. Really??

None of this adds up
                    They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

Nothing adds up does it ...... flaming joke the whole thing the biggest jokers are the police except they ruin peoples lives, I hate them with a vengence....

Comment

Working...
                      X