Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louis Richardson

So pleased he was found NG.

I hope this acts as a test case and the public recognise that these spurious cases are arriving in court on a regular basis.

Regret, embarrassment and a fuzzy memory are not grounds to make a rape claim.

The who situation re: police /cps and their agenda needs to be examined.

I would love to think that the tide is turning.

Comment

I think it might be when it's adults involved- but not kids
      They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

Good reault

having read press over last few days and the inconsistencies it could only be NG. Its quite unbelievable that it got to court. But again it sounds like defence evidence uncovered the the actual,truth here. Again Devil appears to be in the detail.

Comment

He also had evidence from social media.

Maybe the CPS will ask for a more balanced case being presented to them before deciding on perusing cases. Jury took 2 hours 40 minutes!!!

Comment

So pleased for him

I was so pleased and relieved for this young man

Scarily similar to my sons case ; who was also just 21 & a student, at the time of a consensual encounter .... But the difference was the police closed the case down without investigation and re-surfaced it 9 years later ...... So at the age of 29 my son had a false allegation made out of the blue (he wasn't aware of a report until jan 14....) . But was expected to remember all details of one night 9 years earlier ...

Our unanimous NG took less than 20 minutes .... Another waste of tax payers money and a family torn to bits I the process

I hope Louis & his family can recover and move on with their lives now .... Given the press interest they've had , I suspect it may take a while but my best wishes go out to them
            Innocentson

Comment

My situation is similar - However I had no social media contact from the complainant afterwards as we both mix in the same circles and so regret/embarrassment was prominent.
              I just hope I get the same result Louis.

Comment

The issue of false rape allegations is hitting the press today due to this case:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...s-victims.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/t...g-misused.html

Comment

Originally posted by TotalNightmare View Post
                  The issue of false rape allegations is hitting the press today due to this case:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...s-victims.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/t...g-misused.html
                  Great reads !! I'm 4 weeks away from a trail after a one night stand 16 odd months ago ..... It's so true her evidence of I can't remember is acceptable yet I have to prove that she consented .... Is this the only let that goes against innocent until proven guilty ? I've always felt the police have deemed me as guilty until I PROVE myself innocent !

Comment

Originally posted by bootandsuit View Post
                    Great reads !! I'm 4 weeks away from a trail after a one night stand 16 odd months ago ..... It's so true her evidence of I can't remember is acceptable yet I have to prove that she consented .... Is this the only let that goes against innocent until proven guilty ? I've always felt the police have deemed me as guilty until I PROVE myself innocent !
                    I hope this is a sea change.
                    There is a huge gap between Alison Saunders at the CPS and the public.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1 View Post
                      I hope this is a sea change.
                      There is a huge gap between Alison Saunders at the CPS and the public.
                      I hope so too ! Good luck with your case : stay strong

You too Bootsandsuit ; I remember how scary the run up to the trial was for us & all the mixed emotions, wishing it would come quicker but also the reverse ...... I'm sure you too will get the right result ... One recommendation from our experience is be assertive with concise answers to cross questions from the prosecution barrister and lots of eye cintact and aim your answers to the jury members . But stay calm & clear headed if you can.

Keep us posted & best of luck and wishes in the interim
                      Innocentson

Comment

Working...
                      X