Press Question .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press Question .

The Louis Richardson case is all over the press this week.
    Notice of him being charged was also in the press in the Autumn.

There must be numerous cases that are ongoing within the CJS but don't get press attention.
    Is this just luck or is there a pattern?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Tony

He conforms to a stereotype- Young, privileged, brash, obnoxious. Being presented as having political connections conjures up images of the Bullington club. No idea what truth of his character is.

i personally think it is getting so much coverage for class reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by wakingnightmare View Post
      He conforms to a stereotype- Young, privileged, brash, obnoxious. Being presented as having political connections conjures up images of the Bullington club. No idea what truth of his character is.

i personally think it is getting so much coverage for class reasons.

Interesting - Essentially it is just luck if you avoid the press running your case.

Comment

My OH was all over the tabloids- after the sub-human who master minded the whole thing sold his "story".

Even that wasn't true and I wonder whether there's any such crime as quoting words that the Sheriff actually never said?
        They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

AmandaF, do the inconsistencies in the media related directly to the allegations?
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

This was post trial, day after he was convicted.

FA claimed that presiding sheriff said the charges on which he was found guiltywere so serious the matter had to be reffered to the high Court so he could be sentenced for up to 10 years.

As soon as i saw it I rang sol in a right panic and he said it was all b******s. (Swears like a trooper).

FA alleged that my OH walked round the village taking pictures of kids and other such ****,

Comment

The article used a pic of my OH from his facebook album- it was a holiday photo where he's pulling a face at me.

OH is aware of the article but obviously hasn't seen it. God only knows how he'll cope with the total humiliation

Then of course there was the hideous witch hunt fb page that he set up in our honour, claiming he was there to rid Argyll of paedophlies.
              He says my OH raped his 9 year old son - two lies there- a) no rape allegations made 2) not his son . He also claims that in march 2015 (2 months after I was acquitted) I was threatening him and his family.

Two weeks later he was arrested and bailed on domestic violence offences. Another joke as he managed to go to ground- in his partner's house he was banned from.

Justice? It's laughable

Comment

If what was said in the press related to the allegations themselves, and were totally different to what was said at trial, there might have been a ground to appeal there, is what I was saying
                Last edited by Rights Fighter; 10 January 2016, 12:23 PM.
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Yes it was completely different.
                  It was reported in the local press and that, to be fair, was an accurate summary.
                  But the sold tabloid version was complete fabrication with things added in that were never alleged.

I'd have to re-read the article to be more accurate but am loathe to do so.

I just wonder at the b*****d's audacity to say that the sheriff said something he never did
                  Last edited by AmandaF; 10 January 2016, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X