Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falsely accused - feeling alone. Please help????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
    I guess no-one replied because they haven't had any contact with that police force.

However had 'utterlydestroyed' seen your post, he might well have responded; it is quite educational to read his views on the Devon & Cornwall Constabulary
    This did make me giggle !!!

Comment

How do I look up Devon and Cornwall constabulary

How do I look up utterly destroyed or the title, please? To read what has gone on

Comment

Originally posted by Charliegirl View Post
        How do I look up utterly destroyed or the title, please? To read what has gone on
        He's at at the bottom of this page of the members list: click on his name and select the option to view his posts.

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/m...name&order=asc
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Report for bail and rebailed

We got told today that the file has been to cps and come but it has to go back to cps to be
          Re appealed as new information has come to light. My OH has been rebailed again for a future 2 months. Nearly 10 months now, just had enough of this ordeal. To make matters worse the DC rang me today and said that the FA mum has made an allegation that I was pleading with the dad to talk to his daughter and drop the case. They told me for intimidating a witness is a serious offence, my reply was so you think I am that stupid I am a professional person with too much to loose. I just said to the DC what have I done so badly to these people for them to do this to my family. I hate them. I clothed this girl as her parents never had money, she came into my home as no one wanted her. I was just being kind and treated her like a daughter but look what the hell happened.

I know the FA mother wants to leave the area so all this could be part of her plan so the police help fund their move, as they may say they need to leave the area because of being intimidated. Only my assumption the FA mother and step father who is a sex offender, will do anything for money.

Sorry garbled but please help xx

Comment

Cps

Why has it gone to cps and then come back and then they are appealing it, why???? X

Comment

Hi Charliegirl,

I'm not sure how much help I can be, but I had to respond to you because I can tell that you're feeling really low and not receiving a reply can often make that feeling worse.

Let me assure you that I certainly read everybody's posts - each and every one - but as you can imagine I usually don't reply if I can't be of any use.

It's difficult to answer your question without knowing exactly what has happened with the CPS. What I mean is that there are at least 2 different reasons for the situation you find yourself in:

The first is (what appears to be) the most common - that is where the CPS review the file and then send it back to the investigators with a request for additional information, investigation or evidence collection. Once the Police have complied, I believe the "process" starts again - in that the file is resent to CPS, complete with new information, for their consideration.

From what I can tell, this isn't necessarily "bad"....It could be that the CPS send a file back because they feel that they cannot decide to charge unless a particular piece of information, evidence, witness etc., can be found - and so they task the Police to do so. This therefore means that just as if this additional info can be found, it suggests their final decision to charge may be more likely, the opposite will also be true...if the additional info is not available, can't be found, doesn't exist etc., then it suggests that their final decision may lean towards NFA.

So, it's not necessarily something that should cause you any more concern than you feel already. It is certainly a positive that the CPS obviously feel that the original "file of evidence" was inadequate for them to bring charges.

The second reason is if the "victim" is appealing the CPS decision, which they are entitled to do so within a certaintime-frame. It's important to know (and I guess it's obvious) that in this circumstance, it means that the CPS (original) decision is NFA. I don't think that the "victim" has to necessarily provide new "evidence" to make such an appeal...though, I imagine the suggestion that they may have some might get the CPS to "prick their ears up" if the say they have.

The CPS guidance note on this matter are here : http://www.cps.gov.uk/victims_witnes...ght_to_review/

As I said, I'm not sure if this helps, but it's the best answer I can give you.

Best Wishes

TBG1
              Last edited by TBG1; 18 March 2016, 11:06 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Why has it gone to cps and then come back and then they are appealing it, why???? X

I am thinking you mean that they are reviewing it.
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Re-representation

No the actual word you was re-representation and when asked again appealed. I have no idea what is going on or meant.

I just can't believe the family are now saying I tried to intimidate and get the FA to drop the case, when I haven't been near any of them. Police told me that I must protect myself.

Comment

if this is a "re-appeal" then that means it's been appealed before and failed.

For it to be "appealed" in the sense of the complainant requesting that, then it must have been NFAd, otherwise there would be nothing to appeal (or "re-appeal").

So it must have been NFAd, if you are correct. Then the complainant has attempted to appeal it. The attempt to appeal it has failed, so she has applied for it to be "re-appealed". I can't see all of that happening if you have never been told it was NFAd in the first place.

Has it previously been NFAd?
                    Last edited by Rights Fighter; 19 March 2016, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Nfa

I know nothing about it being NFA, just rebailed and that it has gone to cps, come back and is bein re-represented or appealed as she told my step father. I have had enough just hate life. Thanks for the help in this site. Couldn't be without it xx

Comment

Sounds like it was sent back to the police by CPS as there was not enough to make a decision, so possibly the police have done more "investigation" (I used that word with hesitation) and then sent it back to be re-reviewed. It's possible of course that the DC has no clue what the correct terminology is so guessed it as "re-appeal". Many don't understand the law.......

Comment

don't know why i over read this post previously but im in devon and cornwall area!! - dont know if its gone to cps yet (hubby wont phone) but yeah, there is alot im not happy about (like length of time ect) however so far... not as bad as other areas. - OIC is based in Exeter (don't know if that is where your OIC is based or if there is other places, don't know how these things work lol)

h xxxx
                          "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

The DC

The DC dealing with my OH's case seems nice and just human. Am I being naive? I think she feels for us

Comment

The DC dealing with my OH's case seems nice and just human. Am I being naive? I think she feels for us
                              She might, but it wouldn't be wise to rely on that. There's nothing stopping you being nice and pleasant back but too many people have had bad experiences with the police, too much cause to remember that they are not on the side of the innocent for you to be complacent or to give them to much information.

Enjoy the fact that she is not being unpleasant to you. It seems that some DC's are, but still keep all information close to your chest. That seems to be the advice coming from everyone here. Being nice is what she SHOULD be. She should be impartial, pleasant and professional. All the police officers we have come across have been, but like I say, don't let it lull you into a false sense of security, so that you give them more information than is wise.
                              'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

ohh she... our OIC is a she, be funny if its the same one! Had a OIC who seemed 'lovely' at first but then it got passed onto this other OIC (first one changed departments) and replies to my emails are always very posh and professional (i even had to look up a word she used as i didn't know what it meant LOL)

but sounds like they did something in our favour a couple of months ago so can't complain at the moment but watch this space....

ohh and the good news is that our local PCSO said that Devon and Cornwall take false allegations seriously and they DO get accusers done for it! buts lets see if this is true....
                                "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Working...
                                X