Made a genuine mistake re:Bail Conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made a genuine mistake re:Bail Conditions

Ok so I have a question regarding my bail conditions!
    Basically, we had contact off a social worker, and they put an 'agreement' in place (along the lines of the bail conditions of unsupervised access to the kids etc) (and we drew up a plan regarding the dropping and collecting of the school etc)
    Everything was going ok (albeit really hard to rely on family to do it or assist me so i was accompanied) until this morning!
    My wife dropped me and the kids off outside school, where we met her sister (whos eldest is in the same class as our eldest!) and we walked in, dropped the eldest off..

Now my sister has a young baby, and has we were heading past the nursery to drop my youngest off, i said it should be ok for me to drop her off on my own has it was very cold and i didnt want her hanging around with her baby etc....I was wrong!

**Just to paint the picture, she left me 10 yards or so from the nursery doors!

The school contacted the social, and the lady whom we had dealt with, rang me to ask if i had dropped the kids off on my own (ie un-supervised?) I said of course not, my sister-in-law was with me (obviously not even taking into account the 20 seconds i was dropping the youngest off in nursery!!)

So the head master phoned my mrs to say i am no longer allowed on the school premises (heartbreaking!) and that the SS would probably need to speak to me this week (although they never contacted me this afternoon!)

I just want to know where i stand??
    I (we) have done everything in our power to comply with this 'agreement'...however one slight mistake on my behalf (which i admit was a mistake!!!)
    Will the SS contact the police?
    I'm worried sick if im honest!

Ive emailed my solicitor to get their take on it, but they must be out of the office now?

Many thanks in advance x

This is an example of how careful you really must be when it comes to supervised contact. You must stick to the conditions rigidly.

Ive emailed my solicitor to get their take on it, but they must be out of the office now?
    Obviously it is unlikely the solicitor will answer your email immediately as they could be anywhere, court, police station, with a client...... Hopefully you have heard from them now, or will do soon.

Hopefully your sister in law will speak with whoever they need to, to explain they were only a few yards behind. Could they see you throughout - or did you go into the school where you were out of eyeshot?
    Last edited by Rights Fighter; 7 January 2016, 09:48 AM.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
      This is an example of how careful you really must be when it comes to supervised contact. You must stick to the conditions rigidly.

Obviously it is unlikely the solicitor will answer your email immediately as they could be anywhere, court, police station, with a client...... Hopefully you have heard from them now, or will do soon.

Hopefully your sister in law will speak with whoever they need to, to explain they were only a few yards behind. Could they see you throughout - or did you go into the school where you were out of eyeshot?
      Yes they have spoke to her, and seen cctv!
      But the fact that i walked in without her goes against the agreement!

Haven't heard back from the SS or my solicitor, so thinking allsorts now : (

Comment

If you have to speak to anyone about this, just tell them that you have learned from this and it will NEVER happen again. Apologise profusely.
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
          If you have to speak to anyone about this, just tell them that you have learned from this and it will NEVER happen again. Apologise profusely.

Yes thats the plan, when i get to speak to her!
          Many thanks for the advice x

Comment

the whole 'dropping kids of at school' sounds a strange arrangement anyway, obviously i don't know you're personal circumstances but it definatley sounds like a strange thing, normally its supervised access, set day, times and using it for spending 'quality' time with the kids... but anyway, i think you have to work hard to build the social workers trust, be honest and continue to be honest, because they also question the children to make sure that you are sticking to the rules, i suggest to try to make a new agreement but a simpler one, then after a while they become relaxed and it helps the pressure massively. I think despite if social worker says its o.k you'll have to respect the school wish's, its not fair on them to have to check and see if you're sticking to your agreement. And i hate to say this but i was warned, if you don't stick to the agreement it means that you're OH is not taking action to protect the children and that gives them reason to be put into care.... instantly. (But i'm sure if they were planning to do that you would of heard by now) Are the children under child protection or child in need?? (this makes a difference to how they will react to the schools action)

H xx
            "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Originally posted by hello88 View Post
              the whole 'dropping kids of at school' sounds a strange arrangement anyway, obviously i don't know you're personal circumstances but it definatley sounds like a strange thing, normally its supervised access, set day, times and using it for spending 'quality' time with the kids... but anyway, i think you have to work hard to build the social workers trust, be honest and continue to be honest, because they also question the children to make sure that you are sticking to the rules, i suggest to try to make a new agreement but a simpler one, then after a while they become relaxed and it helps the pressure massively. I think despite if social worker says its o.k you'll have to respect the school wish's, its not fair on them to have to check and see if you're sticking to your agreement. And i hate to say this but i was warned, if you don't stick to the agreement it means that you're OH is not taking action to protect the children and that gives them reason to be put into care.... instantly. (But i'm sure if they were planning to do that you would of heard by now) Are the children under child protection or child in need?? (this makes a difference to how they will react to the schools action)

H xx
              Hi, we signed an agreement, and I am allowed to drope the children off, or go out with them etc as long as i am supervised!
              Obviously this day i was with the sister in law, and because she has a very young baby (and it was cold!) i told her it should be ok if she watched me take her into nursery (from 10 yards or so) and then once i was in nursery, the teachers would be there to take her etc

I have spoke to my solicitor who thinks they are being heavy handed, and also thinks ive done nothing wrong (and not broken any bail conditions etc)

Obviously the school didnt see the full picture, and just contacted the SS, which i understand!
              However the Social Worker is now off until next week so who knows??

I agree i probably need to gain her trust again, which i am willing to do!

Many thanks for the advice anyway x

Comment

oh sorry, didn't quite word it well. I was just trying to say that I think its strange that dropping the children of to school is part of a social worker agreement, Normally it seems like its a 'privileged' time that the social worker decides (eg, one evening a week, one weekend afternoon at a set place) so there's less of a chance of it accidentally 'breaking' the agreement. but i think your solicitor is right and i think that most social workers mainly have the agreement to cover there backs (baby p case ect) i've changed the way we're doing supervised contact with my social worker over phone but she hasn't sent me a new agreement or anything yet - and she told me this week that because i'm Child In Need and not Child Protection they can't actually tell me what to do only advise (but i guess if i don't stick to reasonable terms it would seem like i'm not protecting my children and could go back up to child protection) so if you're under Child In Need then they are very unlikely to take it furthur then just a phonecall to yourself to remind you of the reasons why it should be supervised blah blah kind of thing.

Sorry, just trying to be helpful when i'm not quite with it lol
                h xxx
                "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Originally posted by hello88 View Post
                  oh sorry, didn't quite word it well. I was just trying to say that I think its strange that dropping the children of to school is part of a social worker agreement, Normally it seems like its a 'privileged' time that the social worker decides (eg, one evening a week, one weekend afternoon at a set place) so there's less of a chance of it accidentally 'breaking' the agreement. but i think your solicitor is right and i think that most social workers mainly have the agreement to cover there backs (baby p case ect) i've changed the way we're doing supervised contact with my social worker over phone but she hasn't sent me a new agreement or anything yet - and she told me this week that because i'm Child In Need and not Child Protection they can't actually tell me what to do only advise (but i guess if i don't stick to reasonable terms it would seem like i'm not protecting my children and could go back up to child protection) so if you're under Child In Need then they are very unlikely to take it furthur then just a phonecall to yourself to remind you of the reasons why it should be supervised blah blah kind of thing.

Sorry, just trying to be helpful when i'm not quite with it lol
                  h xxx
                  No dont be silly, your advice is most welcome! Xx

Comment

Working...
                  X