Complainant has visited accused multiple times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complainant has visited accused multiple times

My brother is currently on remand for alleged rape of ex-partner (he was refused bail due to other previous non sexual misdemeanours).

Everyone knows that the complainant is lying however case is still proceeding. The forensics do not match her version of events, the phone records and other evidence confirm my brothers version of events from a timeline perspective.

The complainant has visited my brother in prison multiple times and has taken multiple phone calls from him from the prison. She has admitted to him that she made it up to "get at him" but now cannot find a way out and she will not formally retract.

Whilst we are confident that there will be a NG does anyone have any experience of outcomes when complainant has been regularly visiting the accused in prison as we hope that this is damning for her?

Thanks

Doesn't sound right to me! And the visits she has made will be on record, as will possibly the phone calls?
    Surely they'll add to his defence argument? Who would go to prison to visit a rapist????

Is she on facebook? If so keep an eye on anything she may say on there.

Some people are unbelievable.
    They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

Originally posted by AmandaF View Post
      Doesn't sound right to me! And the visits she has made will be on record, as will possibly the phone calls?
      Surely they'll add to his defence argument? Who would go to prison to visit a rapist????

Is she on facebook? If so keep an eye on anything she may say on there.

Some people are unbelievable.
      Yes all recorded and being used in defence. We hope this will be the end of it.

Comment

I should hope so!!

Someone with more experience will advise better but I'm not sure whether it's advisable he takes phone calls from her? Will the prosecution turn it around - as they do- and say he tried to coerce her into retracting?
        They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

Does she have a history of mental illness. Surely she must know shes shooting herself in the foot?

Hope he gets out soon, its going too far now obvious liars are still being taken so seriously.
          Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

There will be a record of her visits to the prison. She can be challenged about them in cross-examination although she could claim that she went in to "make sense" of it. Has she tried to persuade him to plead guilty?

Also, she should not be allowed to speak to any defence witnesses let alone her alleged assailant. Do the police know about these visits and letters?

Speaking of letters, do they hold anything that might assist? And does he write back? If he does, he shouldn't be doing that
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Acquitted

Acquitted. She was destroyed in court.

Comment

Great!

Fantastic!
                I'm not surprised that she was given her behaviour since!
                It's amazing how they put themselves through it!
                Best have some of these fellas:

YoH

Comment

Congratulations

Do hope she's charged for wasting police time. Beggars belief that some of these cases make it to court.

Comment

Brilliant Nothing like the judge seeing through a liar, I hope she felt like the total plonk she is!!

Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Wonderful news

Comment

woohooooooooo
                        Recommended Solicitors --- www.arcadianlaw.com
                        Proven results for people accused of False Allegations

Comment

Working...
                        X