Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting an Injunction??

Hi There

quick question, what advice does someone give on getting an injunction. The person who got the person to make accusations is a neighbour and has been causing us lots of harrasment, the police have already spoken to him on several occasions but don't seem to want to do anything (maybe because of the ongoing investigation with my OH) but not only myslef but my children are scared of him and what he is capable of. We havent had much hassle in the last couple of weeks (mainly cos i'm too scared to take kids for a walk ect) but my 4 year old came into my room crying "____ was outside our house the house and i'm scared, he's going to hurt us mummy" when she should of been sleeping she had looked out the window and seen him visit the neighbour right next door to us (who isn't particualry keen on him, knows what he's done but "feels sorry for his kids") anyway, i just can't hack it him being so close to my front door. Saw injunction-direct online but don't know if i should just got to citizens advice, or is to risky cos the investigation???

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my 100 questions recently, on a bit of a downer after Christmas and everything going round in my head.. h x
    "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Are they not moving away? I know its really unfair on your kids but would moving im considering a fresh start once all this is over my mum is disabled and needs someone to look in on her anyway. FA has family in our town even though she lives over an hour away. I really would hate to see her.

Keep strong, im.sure once the proof this is malicious comes out they will be told to stay away from your family if not worse. Hope 2016 is really kind to you all!
    Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Hello88

We are in a similar boat in that the harassment is a problem.

Our harasser also got someone to make a false allegation, but he took the harassment so far that he has found himself in crown court in the new year.
      As regards to an injunction.

We were told by the police that we needed the best part of £2000 in order to get an injunction.
      The process also includes an "appeal" process on behalf of the defendant and there's no guarantee that the judge will grant the injunction.

Although we were told that in civil matters the burden of proof is less. So they're usually successful.
      Citizens advice will point you in the right direction.
      But it won't be cheap!

Hang in there.
      We got NFA!
      YoH

Comment

Originally posted by Lilyput View Post
        Are they not moving away? I know its really unfair on your kids but would moving im considering a fresh start once all this is over my mum is disabled and needs someone to look in on her anyway. FA has family in our town even though she lives over an hour away. I really would hate to see her.

Keep strong, im sure once the proof this is malicious comes out they will be told to stay away from your family if not worse. Hope 2016 is really kind to you all!
        Yeah... they've said it several times in the past... don't believe it till i see it, but this week i'm going to contact someone from the housing association to see if its true (they know whats going on and although i havent officially reported the harrasment to them i think the least they can do for me is confirm if the rumours are true) but if it is the thing that keeps going round in my mind is the guy saying "when we move we're going to go out with a bang" if this is true i'm not sure i want to know if they definatly are moving.

i'd happily pay £2000 when i can, to protect my children - if it actually does. And regarding to myself moving his aim is 'to make us loose our home and kids' and so he would win... and not just because i'm stubborn but i could never leave the community we're in, its amazing... it is just one wrong family and its best to say that even before this allegation, they won't be missed when they move from anyone!

Had a bit of a bad day. OH parents have spoken to his brother (the 'perfect knows everything child') and together with knowing everything (the incredible proof its a vendetta) they are saying

OH my ------ typing this i've jsut thought of something ------ can't beleive its taken me 7 months........ the person who got the person to make the accusation new that a family member passed away last year and we're expecting inheritance..... ahhh please tell me this will help our case.... a reason to give the accuser to accuse (neighbour would mention that its what they would get out of it0.... what shall i do with this info, just give to solicitor?? (might up the bill though haha) should i email OIC????? Oh my goodness i am shaking.... I cannot beleive its taken me 7 months to click on that it might be usefull information.... cannot believe it....

Sorry way of thread here.... please say this will help (otherwise apoligse for looking like an idiot)

h xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (still shaking)
        "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Working...
        X