Really struggling here guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really struggling here guys!!

Bail date is Feb, and having initially having good and bad days, i think its finally hit me hard now!
    Had a meeting with the Social Services yesterday, and even though she was nice enough, it just depresses me that I can't be allowed to have un-supervised access with my children!
    The most natural thing in my life, and i can't do it!!

I know some people have it worse off than me, and arent even allowed in the family home etc...but i'm just pissed off with it all if im being honest!!!

I dont even know if the case as even been sent to the CPS yet?
    Is there a way i can find out?

My mrs is also struggling and is on my case 24/7 (although i must point out she has always supported me!)

Any help or advice would be really helpful guys : )

Hi it's hell isn't it? If your wife needs to talk she can contact me anytime, I've been a wreck and on DP's case constantly I know he's done nothing wrong but I am so furious he let FA into his home when she was so clearly unstable.
    Good news is you can contact OIC and they should tell you when it went to CPS, DP did and we found out it went to CPS after 12 days. It's been with them about six weeks, bad news is once it goes to CPS you will literally know nothing until they decide.
    Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Wow thank you so much, that is really nice of you to offer!
      I will speak to her later and see what she says?

Ok i wasn't sure if you were supposed to contact the OIC or not?
      Maybe i'll contact her tomorrow.
      Has far as I know, they have only spoken to a few of my family, and my brother (whom it is claimed caught me in the act) was contacted by phone, but not invited in to the station...maybe because he gave it to them good and proper on the phone that she is a vintictive ***** who has previous for lying etc?

Many thanks x

Comment

Yes as lilyput has said you can contact the OIC.........about progress....etc...... I have done this in the past

Just remain strong ......and positive......

You may not realise this but you are infact very lucky.....that you are at least allowed to have contact with your children.... Albeit supervised........

Some of us including myself have been denied any contact whatsoever for the best part a year........

You are also lucky to have a partner.....who is your support network..........again some people are not lucky enough to have such understanding and supportive partners....

Think of what you do have...ie contact with your children.....support network in your partner etc .....rather than what you don't have..........

Wish you all the best

Kind regards
        A12
        Turn the pain into power. ::

Comment

Originally posted by Arsenal12 View Post
          Yes as lilyput has said you can contact the OIC.........about progress....etc...... I have done this in the past

Just remain strong ......and positive......

You may not realise this but you are infact very lucky.....that you are at least allowed to have contact with your children.... Albeit supervised........

Some of us including myself have been denied any contact whatsoever for the best part a year........

You are also lucky to have a partner.....who is your support network..........again some people are not lucky enough to have such understanding and supportive partners....

Think of what you do have...ie contact with your children.....support network in your partner etc .....rather than what you don't have..........

Wish you all the best

Kind regards
          A12
          It is a bloody nightmare isnt it!!!! Do you have a good sol who you can call when you need answers ? I have never contacted the OIC ive always gone via my sol for an update.

Must echo the above point..... ive had little to no contact with my son for 18 months now hes 2 so thats most of his life !!! My partner left me cheeky monkey even said call me in feb (trail date) if your free lol

Just gotta take everything you do have as a positive .......its an awful system that i still cant believe happens in the U.K would understand in a third world country !!!

Comment

I really appriciate the comments guys, and hoenstly I do know I am lucky to be in the family home etc
            And I didn't want to come across as selfish (in the fact of other people on here who do not have access!)..but I just feel terrible, and I think its good to come on here and get advice off people (which i have)
            My solicitor is going to speak to the OIC later and see where it is up to?
            She did mention again though that my bail date of Feb is not likely to be met!!!

Comment

Yes I totally agree with you bootandsuit......

I have found my LA solicitor good at giving me advice however equally very lethargic.....at times....

I must be honest I never go through my solicitor for any info on my case......

I often call straight through to the OIC in my case a detective sergeant.......although I sometimes get the same old response...." Your file is still being investigated".......

I believe it perhaps keeps them on thier toes......

I have also contacted the CPS directly to find out the progress of my file.......I initially thought it would be lost course trying to get any updated info about my file from them......

But I found that by calling them directly.... (Telephone number Depends what region of country your in) they have actually given me useful information....

For example as posted before....at one point the CPS informed that they had sent my file back to the police for "further information to be completed".......

And they could not make a " charging descion until this was completed "

Now had I not done this "digging for information" by myself I would be none the wiser....

In fact I often find it is me who often keeps my solicitor updated...!!!!!

Surely it should be the other way round......

I suppose you get what you pay for....being legal aid!!

I should also point out I am very comfortable in speaking to the OIC and being firm when needs be.....but perhaps some people are not....which is why they ask their solicitor....... To find out updates about Their file

Regards
              A12
              Last edited by Arsenal12; 8 December 2015, 12:11 PM.
              Turn the pain into power. ::

Comment

Working...
              X