OIC lied should we be worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OIC lied should we be worried?

DP had his informal interview seven weeks ago OIC said all three witnesses had gone on record confirming his statement and saying it didn't happen but none of them were willing to give a statement. DP saw a witness in town and mentioned it to him and was told OIC never asked him to make a statement and he would be willing to make one. Why did OIC lie, I am so paranoid now.
    Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Originally posted by Lilyput View Post
    DP had his informal interview seven weeks ago OIC said all three witnesses had gone on record confirming his statement and saying it didn't happen but none of them were willing to give a statement. DP saw a witness in town and mentioned it to him and was told OIC never asked him to make a statement and he would be willing to make one. Why did OIC lie, I am so paranoid now.

Hey lily,

The something happened to me, during my investigation) I had given the police details of the uni counsellor she was the first person I told about the rape. She agreed that she would give a statement.
    Months later I found out she was never contacted by the police.

There was Facebook messages that contridicted my rapist story, the police never looked them. I had given them my Facebook details but they still did nothing with them. I had to print them out myself and give it to them.

There were phone records that contradicted his account in his police interview but the police didn't even look at them. In the exact words of my soit officer " phone records don't approve anything" No it proves that he lied!

The funny thing is that my rapist phone was taken, his sister and gf gave statement to support his story.
    It does make me question who has my best interest because it surely wasn't the police.

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you, but sadly the police fails us)
    I perhaps you should try calling up the detective and finding out why your partners mate statement was not taken. But honestly I doubt it would make any difference the police never admit to being wrong most of the time and always come up with crab excuses.

My rapist was N.f.A) due to lack of evidence, absolute crab)
    They had plenty of inquries that they didn't pursue!!
    I asked for a review of my case, I doubt very much it would make any difference as I have lost absolute all faith and trust in the police and the judicial system.

My only advice would be to do things yourself!! Don't trust them to do it right most of the time they don't get it right.

Please try to remain calm it will all sort it's self out at the end.

Comment

I think, basically, police aren't generally interested in anything that helps the defence.
      They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

I'm really annoyed as also found out OIC tried to trip the witness up, which didn't work as he was telling the truth. I know they are only doing their job but it seems like they aren't at all interested in the truth, just whether they have enough to charge him. How an earth could witnesses make statements nearly identical to his, weeks before he knew the allegation was even made if this woman was telling the truth?

At least we know they are willing to make a statement now and sol can contact them. I feel more positive about his case, but really wary about trusting the police.
        Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

If anybody else is in this situation please get your Sol to contact the witnesses and ask if they are willing to give statements, DO NOT take the police's word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilyput View Post
            If anybody else is in this situation please get your Sol to contact the witnesses and ask if they are willing to give statements, DO NOT take the police's word for it.

Well said. It's sad that people can no longer trust the police to do the job properly.

I've said this time and again on here. Often the police will snaffle potential defence witnesses, they will "interview" them (aka taking notes from what they say, put them into a statement never to be seen again) and then lie about the status of those witnesses.

I've known the police either tell the potential defence witness:

1: they are now prosecution witnesses and cannot talk to the defence side at all and then mysteriously they are dropped at trial, too late for the defence to make use of them at that stage. The statements end up in the unused bundle after trial, so cannot be used, as there is no way of proving that they were put in after the trial unless there is a date on the schedule that proves it

2: tell them they cannot talk to the defence side at all - as they did in Redscouse's case. Fortunately we won his appeal so he has a retrial and the witnesses that were wrongly barred from assisting him will now be used by the defence

That is completely incorrect. If the police snaffle a material defence witness and pretend they are now witnesses for the prosecution, defence sols can STILL interview them and take a statement from them.

Gone are the days when most police officers will investigate all sides thoroughly. They are now under pressure to reach Government set rape conviction targets.
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by AmandaF View Post
              I think, basically, police aren't generally interested in anything that helps the defence.
              ahhh this is sooo true, i was told by my OIC (after we told her we received messages proving its a vendetta) that she would look into the facebook accounts of accusers and the person who got the person to make the accusation and his girlfriend, a few months later got a phone call from the new OIC who was unaware of any of the messages.... i screenshot them and sent them to them through email - i have gmail with streak so i can see if they have been viewed and how many times so they can never say they didn't see them. Fortunatly as well my new OIC also has a reply email thing to say when next back in office,so i know the emails got to the right department. I also went through the accusers facebook and found lots of relevant stuff so screenshot that as well... they've had six months and i managed to find everything within an hour! Havent had any replies from emails since 13th november and so i think they couldnt deny the evidence i showed them, expecting NFA next week so will let you know if my own investigations worked! But long story short..... don't rely on the police to find things, you find them and give them no option with plenty of proof you gave the details (with some of our witnesses i also emailed all the details and so have proof of that)

Keep Strong

"Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

I think with us we are really wary of giving the police information in case they use it and find a way to twist it. All the witnesses favour dp and also has FA was very troubled and a little obsessed with DP (when this happened over a decade ago) so we also have proof he tried to get her help with a professional organisation to stop her just showing up at his place, as well as the fact he actually phoned the police when she showed up at his flat once too. as she admitted she ran away from home. Funnily enough she never mentioned these encounters to the police. We've told Sol all this so hopefully it will be enough if it goes to court.

Comment

Massive good luck for next week!

Comment

Working...
                  X