Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend has made stupid mistake.....

Hi There,

i previously mentioned about my OH being arrested for historical sexual abuse on a child, the FA is doing it as a favour for a neighbour we had a falling out with.

Anyway, yesterday was strange, had a FANTASTIC social worker meeting where all we received was praise for how well we're coping with the situation. Was on a bit of a unbelievable high from that then i get a phone call from OH in the evening because the friend he visits often has had a social worker around to hers.

She has a 12 year old daughter and this friend is also our supervisor. A couple of weeks ago my my OH was round my friends because my iron had packed up he offered to do some of the ironing for me,so i took the clothes around their and he ironed them in my friends bedroom (lot more space there than the rest of the house) during this time he was unaware that the 12year old was in her bedroom, there's a knock at the door and this police 'friend of our friend' comes in and wanting to speak to the daughter, the daughter goes downstairs then says "oh our friend is here do you want to met him" and then my OH comes down the stairs, admittingly its not looking good, my OH is puzzled why there is a police officer in the house anyway, but the mum (our friend) isn't fussed and then mentioned that my OH is visiting but he is going through a rough time in his family life at the moment.... then she leaves it there and says no more!!!

After the police woman leaves my OH says that our friend needs to explain everything to the police woman and that she also needs to explain that they were in separate rooms from the daughter and then asks what was she doing round her anyway, her reply was "well, i phoned her because i had trouble with ___(daughter) before and she helped me out and she's been wanting to skive of school and stuff, but don't worry i'll explain things to her, don't worry about her, she's fine and a friend of ours".... so when my OH told me about this i was angry, she phoned the plice around and not even told my OH that she had done it, and someone phoning the police on their own daughter??????

Anyway after being reassured that she will 'deal' with it, me and OH go round their for a celebratory cup of tea and i have to then leave to pick up kids from school, and then after i left the police woman returns with a social worker.. The social worker didn't seem happy about my OH being there, and then also seemed to know a bit about us (we live in a row of houses that are new build!) and then my oh explains about the false allegation (the falling out with the neighbour ect..) and turns out our friend hadn't bothered to update them.

The social worker lightened up a little, the police woman was then very apologetic because she didn't know the whole picture but the social worker says she will have to inform our social worker and the local police officer in our village who knows the trouble i have been having with this neighbour.... what's worse is that this woman is one of our supervisers for supervised access and i have had to make the decision for her to no longer be and that my OH is not to visit the house again.

Our friend is so angry with the police officer and admits she is angry with her self, but do i send an email to my social worker to explain, leave it as it is, and whats are the complications for us. We have never signed an agreement with the social workers and there is nothing about being around children supervised/unsupervised in my husband bail conditions, so is there anything that could go wrong for us.....

Sorry long post, but just don't know what to think about it xx
    Last edited by Casehardened; 11 November 2015, 07:34 AM. Reason: Adding paragraph line breaks for easier reading
    "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Hi : I've been reading your story - sorry not responded to others but couldn't think of anything worth adding over the other valuable input your getting from others and our case is different.

What I have learnt though is that our emotional turmoil makes us react to any events or triggers with extreme stress .... Which will make you unwell

Others with experience of ss will come along soon... But just wanted to send you a hug in the interim and to stay calm ; what your friend did was unintentional and in the wider scheme of things will get resolved

:WigglyHug
    God bless
    Innocentson

Comment

Hi There

I am sorry I can't be of any real help as I have never had experience of Social Services.

It does appear that your friend was not malicious in any way - and I would try and take strength from that.

Sorry I cant really say anything else, except try and stay calm, strong and live your live as best you can and as normally as you can in the circumstances

Big Hug

Comment

hi

Originally posted by hello88 View Post
        Hi There,

i previously mentioned about my OH being arrested for historical sexual abuse on a child, the FA is doing it as a favour for a neighbour we had a falling out with.

Anyway, yesterday was strange, had a FANTASTIC social worker meeting where all we received was praise for how well we're coping with the situation. Was on a bit of a unbelievable high from that then i get a phone call from OH in the evening because the friend he visits often has had a social worker around to hers.

She has a 12 year old daughter and this friend is also our supervisor. A couple of weeks ago my my OH was round my friends because my iron had packed up he offered to do some of the ironing for me,so i took the clothes around their and he ironed them in my friends bedroom (lot more space there than the rest of the house) during this time he was unaware that the 12year old was in her bedroom, there's a knock at the door and this police 'friend of our friend' comes in and wanting to speak to the daughter, the daughter goes downstairs then says "oh our friend is here do you want to met him" and then my OH comes down the stairs, admittingly its not looking good, my OH is puzzled why there is a police officer in the house anyway, but the mum (our friend) isn't fussed and then mentioned that my OH is visiting but he is going through a rough time in his family life at the moment.... then she leaves it there and says no more!!!

After the police woman leaves my OH says that our friend needs to explain everything to the police woman and that she also needs to explain that they were in separate rooms from the daughter and then asks what was she doing round her anyway, her reply was "well, i phoned her because i had trouble with ___(daughter) before and she helped me out and she's been wanting to skive of school and stuff, but don't worry i'll explain things to her, don't worry about her, she's fine and a friend of ours".... so when my OH told me about this i was angry, she phoned the plice around and not even told my OH that she had done it, and someone phoning the police on their own daughter??????

Anyway after being reassured that she will 'deal' with it, me and OH go round their for a celebratory cup of tea and i have to then leave to pick up kids from school, and then after i left the police woman returns with a social worker.. The social worker didn't seem happy about my OH being there, and then also seemed to know a bit about us (we live in a row of houses that are new build!) and then my oh explains about the false allegation (the falling out with the neighbour ect..) and turns out our friend hadn't bothered to update them.

The social worker lightened up a little, the police woman was then very apologetic because she didn't know the whole picture but the social worker says she will have to inform our social worker and the local police officer in our village who knows the trouble i have been having with this neighbour.... what's worse is that this woman is one of our supervisers for supervised access and i have had to make the decision for her to no longer be and that my OH is not to visit the house again.

Our friend is so angry with the police officer and admits she is angry with her self, but do i send an email to my social worker to explain, leave it as it is, and whats are the complications for us. We have never signed an agreement with the social workers and there is nothing about being around children supervised/unsupervised in my husband bail conditions, so is there anything that could go wrong for us.....

Sorry long post, but just don't know what to think about it xx
        From what LITTLE I've heard via a friend, as long as you play ball and do the right thing with the police and ss - which you have- then it shouldn't go against you. In fact it may even be a good thing this has happened in a way as it demonstrates the leve of trust others have in your OH.

Don't be too downbeat, it may not be as black as you think!
        Stay strong!

Comment

aww thank you for your replies, being truthful i didn't go on here for a few days as I was worried the replies might be bad news,but now regretting it as there are really encouraging and sooo true that i just panic over the little of things! well what happened is this sw said she will contact my friend either that evening or the next day to say whether they are going to take anything further??? (what ever that means!!) and we havent heard from her since her visit, she hasn't contacted my friend (like she said) at all. After my OH explained the whole situation she looked... well guilty in some ways and almost looked like she regretted being so harsh... although she didn't look like the sort of person to admit it. So yet again, as frustrating as the 'not knowing' is the saying 'no news is good news' keeps me going!!! Oh and on top of this we have a suspicion that the FA has been informing people that my OH is 'is banned from seeing his children' to members of the youth club that I help out at, and none of them had any knowledge from myself or other people about whats going on (they just think my OH is busy working) so if this 'rumour' of them knowing is true i have to work out how i'm going to deal with it (is it worth telling the investigating officer??).... so close to bail date as well

Oh, quick question, i directed the investigating officer to a screenshot of the first offensive message that our neighbour sent, its on the laptop they seized. I told them file name, location ect, but from what i gather that they don't search through deleted facebook message and stuff unless someone has been charged. I originally started the message, and then they replied. I have since blocked the people, but this was after they deleted the message, does anyone have any know how of retrieving it myself?? - i cannot find any contact details for facebook at all!!!

Thanks in advance!!! xxxx

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Just because the other party deleted a PM on FB doesn't mean that it has disappeared from yours. Or was this a message on the timeline?

As it is a screenshot they wouldn't need to go through FB anyway.
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Well.....
              Good News: I FOUND THE MESSAGES..... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Bad News: They didn't have a particular phrase on there that i'm certain I saw (We're going to do worse to you than what you did to our family) however.... it does have several other things that I'm fairly certain (or being hopeful) that would help... including the date of these threatening messages... less than 3 weeks before the allegation was made. It looks like one of the last things they put is "this is nt finished!!!!!!!!!!!" (just was guessing the count of exclamation marks, there was quite a few) anyway yet again thank you and I really hope this all helps a lot

interestingly I screen shot and sent to the Investigation officer less than 10 minutes ago and when I logged back on facebook to get message up again their names have gone and replaced with "Facebook User"

So Glad I screenshot them when I did.

Thank You... again... Thank You

Comment

"Facebook user" - sounds like they might have blocked you or deactivated their profile for the time being.

If they reactivate then their names will show again. Keep the messages where they are for now.
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

yeah, i had previously blocked them and hadn't unblocked them so maybe it was a bit of a very fortunate glitch that showed the messages with their names on for enough time of me to screenshot them, and so hoping this makes the investigating officers (i'm guessing the short for this is OIC???) job easier for finding the relevant information (i had previously relied on her finding the screenshots on the computer they took of me) so am fairly happy right now... just thinking something will blow it tomorrow but hey, make the most of goodish news whilst it lasts!!! Yet again.. thank you

Comment

Working...
                  X