No announcement yet.

I'll try again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have the required criminal reference number and basically along with what they told the police is all they need. CICA pay out on the balance of probability. He/she said it happened so it probably did.

I was at a trial back in 2012 where we got the NG verdicts. The barrister told us afterwards that the accuser could still get paid out, regardless.

Since then I've heard of "complainants" getting paid out even when there has been no charge. Easy money and sod the consequences to the [falsely] accused.

Edit:
    https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/hel...n/compensation

Extract:
    It does not matter whether the offender has been caught .........
    It goes on to say that you have two years to claim. This can also relate to when a complainant started mental health treatment and put the problems down to sexual abuse. This also applies to when they "realised" that they had been sexually abused during the MH treatment - within two years of making the claim.......

The minimum amount is not necessarily £11K. I have heard of people getting less than that.
    Last edited by Rights Fighter; 25 October 2015, 09:54 PM.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
      They have the required criminal reference number and basically along with what they told the police is all they need. CICA pay out on the balance of probability. He/she said it happened so it probably did.

I was at a trial back in 2012 where we got the NG verdicts. The barrister told us afterwards that the accuser could still get paid out, regardless.

Since then I've heard of "complainants" getting paid out even when there has been no charge. Easy money and sod the consequences to the [falsely] accused.

Edit:
      https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/hel...n/compensation

It goes on to say that you have two years to claim. This can also relate to when a complainant started mental health treatment and put the problems down to sexual abuse. This also applies to when they "realised" that they had been sexually abused during the MH treatment - within two years of making the claim.......

The minimum amount is not necessarily £11K. I have heard of people getting less than that.
      That is disgusting when it comes to FAs, because I highly suspect my wife has researched this and used the potential compensation as a contributing factor to her motive. I never really knew this until now, and it angers me so much considering she has never paid income tax!

Comment

Given we read in the press every day that some "victim" has claimed "compensation" often in the £KKK's it is not really surprising that ears prick up and similar allegations are made up and then "compensated" for.

CICA don't pay out anything like as much as councils and "celebrities" especially dead celebrities - hence the rise of "victims bravely stepping forward"........

Comment

It may be that the real fallout from the VRR legislation that Angstman referred to is that cases which are borderline but might previously been NFA'd are now pushed through to trial for the jury to make the 'discontinue' judgement; after all, which CPS lawyer would want to get a reputation for having his decisions overturned on review.

Anecdotal evidence on the forum from comments attributed to solicitors suggests this might in fact be already happening...
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Morning everyone.... I'm a tad confused.

So does this mean every False accuser is entitled to compensation?

And if so how much are we talking here?

Who pays for the compensation?

Kind regards
            A12
            Turn the pain into power. ::

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
              It may be that the real fallout from the VRR legislation that Angstman referred to is that cases which are borderline but might previously been NFA'd are now pushed through to trial for the jury to make the 'discontinue' judgement; after all, which CPS lawyer would want to get a reputation for having his decisions overturned on review.

Anecdotal evidence on the forum from comments attributed to solicitors suggests this might in fact be already happening...
              Could you elucidate on that please - i.e. go into more detail...or give an example, I'm not sure what you mean...Oh and good morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Arsenal12 View Post

Kind regards
                A12
                Apparently complainants can claim compensation, whether or not the defendant is found guilty, my solicitor has confirmed that. RF has said that
                CICA pay out on the balance of probability. He/she said it happened so it probably did.
                The amounts are not life changing, usually in the region of between £6k to £16k depending on the 'crime'.
                Well that's a very good question, in some cases it seems the state, in others, individuals are hit for many thousands of pounds, as in celebrity cases...

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Angstman.... As usual good info you post...another thing I've learnt today.....

Regards
                  A12

Comment

Originally posted by angstman View Post
                    Could you elucidate on that please - i.e. go into more detail...or give an example, I'm not sure what you mean...Oh and good morning!
                    This is just my own opinion of course but I recall quite a few members mentioning that their solicitors said their cases would have not have been sent to trial 'a few years ago' but the goalposts have now been moved,

and also from your invaluable link:

30.It is an important principle that people should be able to rely on decisions
                    taken by the CPS as being final and that such decisions should not
                    ordinarily be revoked.
                    However, we also recognise that a careful balance
                    must be struck between providing certainty to the public in our decision
                    making and not allowing wrong decisions to stand. It is right, therefore,
                    that the CPS will sometimes have to look again at a prosecution decision,
                    and change it if it is found to be wrong, in order to maintain public
                    confidence in the criminal justice system. If a decision is found to be
                    wrong, it may be necessary to commence or re-institute criminal
                    proceedings.

[my highlighting]

Whatever line of work one is in it's not comfortable to have one's decisions questioned and I can quite imagine that the CPS lawyers, when considering whether to prosecute or not, will err on the side of caution (i.e. send the case to court) just in case the victim appeals and their decision is reversed.

Of course, in the interests of fairness, the accused should also have the right of appeal against the decision but quite obviously that is not going to happen!

I suppose to wring a positive out of this gloom, if anyone has been NFA'd since June 2013, it is likely to be a sound NFA rather than a borderline one and so any review will confirm the original decision.
                    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I suppose to wring a positive out of this gloom, if anyone has been NFA'd since June 2013, it is likely to be a sound NFA rather than a borderline one and so any review will confirm the original decision.
                      I think my concern is that the decision in my case may well have been a borderline one, judging from the OIC's comments to my solicitor...there were many so-called 'witness' statements taken. Of course I don't know the outcome, but I do know what happened all those years ago and that my accuser has subtly altered the facts, in order to support her case. Ultimately it would have come down to MWAH (get that?)...I certainly wasn't looking forward to a crown court trial...

Comment

Originally posted by angstman View Post
                        I think my concern is that the decision in my case may well have been a borderline one, judging from the OIC's comments to my solicitor...there were many so-called 'witness' statements taken. Of course I don't know the outcome, but I do know what happened all those years ago and that my accuser has subtly altered the facts, in order to support her case. Ultimately it would have come down to MWAH (get that?)...I certainly wasn't looking forward to a crown court trial...
                        It's such an ongoing hell!
                        My OH hasn't been charged yet and were hoping for an NFA still.
                        But, like you, we know that if there's a chance of a review on the "victims" behalf then the will grab it with both hands!
                        They are determined to have us all branded as sex offenders/child abusers.
                        The FA in this case has also changed the facts to fit so we feel your "angst"!!
                        The stress is overwhelming, and then they get another bite of the cherry!
                        As casehardened rightly said its more likely to have gone to court than NFA in this climate so please try and take something positive from that!
                        YoH

Comment

Originally posted by Arsenal12 View Post

Kind regards
                          A12

if it's via the CICA then it's the tax payer.

If it's via various councils (as in care home cases) the tax payer.

If it's via celebrities bank accounts then the celebrities obviously pay that out, and those who have been bequeathed something sometimes miss out, due to claimants.

Complainants in the Jimmy Savile saga have attempted to gain financial recompense through the many millions he raised for charity, so the charities will lose out if they are successful, while claimants get paid out, and their solicitors getting paid much more.

The thousands of people who donated to any of Savile's causes did so believing that the money would go to help the needy and deserving. If the needy claimants get their way, the deserving will lose out. The people who donated will have been cheated too.
                          Last edited by Rights Fighter; 26 October 2015, 05:50 PM.

Comment

As usual thank you Rights fighter...for your valuable info

Kind regards
                            A12

Comment

Working...
                            X