looking for answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for answers

Hi, I've found this site very comforting for many reasons but am looking for any input that may help. I was arrested 5 months ago and questioned for 12 hours on five allegations of rape and manipulation of a person with a mental disorder. The alleged victim believes we were in a relationship and is not claiming any coercion was involved . My home and work were raided by the police and computers and all storage devices were seized as she claims we filmed each other. It was well known at work that this vulnerable adult was obsessed with me and we had protocols in place to support her, as well as sending her on a course on sexual safety and abuse, she has previously made false allegations about other clients. There was no forensic or video/pic evidence presented at interview. In fact there was no evidence other than her account with lots of factual inaccurcies. I was releases after answering all questions in the presence of an experienced sol in these matters that I had engaged I was told that I was being put on a 28 day charge as I had given the police over 20 witnesses that would corroborate my account. I was given a court date and formally charged. The day before I was due to appear cps notified my sol that they were not accepting the charge. The police investigation completed 6 weeks ago and the papers were sent to cps. I am hoping to get NFAd but am living daily with the uncertaintity. There were no restrictions imposed by police/ss re contact with family etc but I remain on a precautionary suspension from work. Very few people believe the alleged victim bar those with a greivance against me. I suppose I am asking if anybody has been in a similar position, or would have a view on the likelihood of prosecution. Also, are there any other steps I should be taking to protect myself and my family. It has been 8 long nightmarish months of hell for my loved ones and my partner has been amazing. It will not beat me and it will never own me or define who I am but I would love to have a time machine to leave all this **** in the past. Thanks in advance for any support .

Welcome to the forum.
    Such a horrible situation and totally life changing at the hands of others.
    It seems that the complainant has their own issues and isn't doing this out of any sort of revenge or vindictiveness.

I have very little legal know how, but I completely understand your feelings. My OH and I are in the middle of a case against him.

I need a fast forward button so we can get to the end of this and see the outcome.
    Forward to when it's all behind us and we have recovered!

One of our members said after his trial and unanimous not guilty verdict, that there's no answer to the question "how do we get through this". He simply said "You just will!"
    I cling to this every day.
    We will get through this!

Hang in there.
    YoH

Comment

hi

Originally posted by oaks View Post
      Hi, I've found this site very comforting for many reasons but am looking for any input that may help. I was arrested 5 months ago and questioned for 12 hours on five allegations of rape and manipulation of a person with a mental disorder. The alleged victim believes we were in a relationship and is not claiming any coercion was involved . My home and work were raided by the police and computers and all storage devices were seized as she claims we filmed each other. It was well known at work that this vulnerable adult was obsessed with me and we had protocols in place to support her, as well as sending her on a course on sexual safety and abuse, she has previously made false allegations about other clients. There was no forensic or video/pic evidence presented at interview. In fact there was no evidence other than her account with lots of factual inaccurcies. I was releases after answering all questions in the presence of an experienced sol in these matters that I had engaged I was told that I was being put on a 28 day charge as I had given the police over 20 witnesses that would corroborate my account. I was given a court date and formally charged. The day before I was due to appear cps notified my sol that they were not accepting the charge. The police investigation completed 6 weeks ago and the papers were sent to cps. I am hoping to get NFAd but am living daily with the uncertaintity. There were no restrictions imposed by police/ss re contact with family etc but I remain on a precautionary suspension from work. Very few people believe the alleged victim bar those with a greivance against me. I suppose I am asking if anybody has been in a similar position, or would have a view on the likelihood of prosecution. Also, are there any other steps I should be taking to protect myself and my family. It has been 8 long nightmarish months of hell for my loved ones and my partner has been amazing. It will not beat me and it will never own me or define who I am but I would love to have a time machine to leave all this **** in the past. Thanks in advance for any support .
      Hmmm, well, I'm no expert, but without trying to build your hopes up, I would have to say that it sounds encouraging. I was told that the fewer restrictions put in place when bail is set the better, I had to leave work until I was nfad as I work with vulnerable people, but am back now with no detriment to myself. If the police say they aren't accepting the charge, that would suggest to me that no further action will be taken and the viewing by the cps will just be a neccessary formality before you hear this. That's just my interpretation, but with 20 witnesses and a woman with a history of false allegations, I can't see any mileage in taking this further.

The problem for yourself is that your case may get put to the bottom of the pile as more serious ones take precedent so youu may have to wait for the official verdict.

Hoping for the beswt for you, Stay strong!

Comment

Thank you both for your advice and support, really appreciate it. The police investigation was very hostile from the outset but appeared to improve. I wasnt reinterviewed but my sol says I could not have been reinterviewed following cps not accepting the charge unti the investigation was completed. This advice seems at odds with the experience of others on here. I was told by the sol that charges would not appear on cp checks either if cps decide not to prosecute. The whole process is far fro straightforward !

Comment

Hi just thought Id say hello, my partner recently got found not guilty unanimously after nearly 2 years of hell following a false accusation. It sounds positive from what you have said and will hope that you get NFA. I can totally empathise with you and your partner. Keep,strong and you will get through this. It is very difficult the uncertainty and lack of being able to plan ahead but you can and will do so, Im glad to hear your partner is supportive to you.

It Sounds like you have gathered a lot of information to,support yourself against this false allegation and this is imperative to achieve the right result. Hoping you get your NFA soon, happy to help if you feel we can. Keep strong x

Comment

hi

Thank you both for your advice and support, really appreciate it. The police investigation was very hostile from the outset but appeared to improve. I wasnt reinterviewed but my sol says I could not have been reinterviewed following cps not accepting the charge unti the investigation was completed. This advice seems at odds with the experience of others on here. I was told by the sol that charges would not appear on cp checks either if cps decide not to prosecute. The whole process is far fro straightforward !
            No problem, my experience contained a few things that seemed at odds with others' experiences too. Maybe it depends on the force.

Comment

Working...
            X