It's all a mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all a mess

I know I haven't posted much since my original post and I haven't really replied to other posts too so I do apologise but I suppose I've just tried to bury my head in the sand and get through life as I have had a lot going on in my own life recently too.

Basically, my partner was arrested in April after an ex girlfriend made allegations that he raped her on three occasions - these were actually occasions where they did sleep together consensually however now their relationship has broken down and become irretrievable she's saying they were none consensual.

I'm not sure whether you say he was charged or not - basically he was arrested and interviewed - bailed and that's it. His first bail date was extended by letter as the person in charge of the case 'hadn't had time to review the evidence collated from the seized phones/computers etc ...'

The second bail date came only to be extended by letter again .... and later by letter again. He's due to present for bail at the beginning of November. In the meantime however the police have returned all the electronics they seized to him.

I know these cases drag on but is this normal for it to drag on and on if they have nothing or very little ... does this mean that they have something they're working on ??

In the meantime they have him on unconditional bail - they know his employment (he's self employed and works in a position of trust and lone works with clients the majority of the time) and they've stated they're happy for him to continue with this.
    The police made a safeguarding referral to Social Services regarding his son that he has joint contact with (lives with his ex wife - she's not the accuser but the accuser approached her and made full disclosure before going to the police and claimed their son was present when some of accusations occurred) but have told my partner that this is protocol because the claim was he was present in the property when these things happened. The police said they were happy to speak to the social worker and relay that they had no immediate concerns to his sons safety and they were happy contact could occur within relevant social services procedures.

The past few months have been a nightmare but we've just tried to be there for each other and to try and normalise our lives. My partner is so caring and grounded - he's doing an amazing job of coping although I know deep down it must be ripping him apart especially as his ex wife has stopped ALL contact with his son. Our sex life is non existent as he's admitted every time we become intimate the accusations leap into his mind and cripple him emotionally and physically.

He's proceeded with private law proceedings for contact with his son and now has indirect contact which he didn't have - social services are also advising supervised contact but his ex wifes family are refusing and i'm the only one he has - social services don't know we're in a relationship and I know the social worker in a previous capacity. I agreed but it has been decided I shouldn't be dragged into this for personal circumstances I have around my stepson. In the meantime though the social worker dropped a big bombshell that has smashed my head into bits ....

She started with the whole 'do I understand the accusations and has he told you the truth' I told her what I knew and she wrote on her pad .... she then talked sympathetically about getting contact established and said she sympathised as she wants to get them back in contact however "the referral from the police was shocking and its the worst case of domestic violence both her and her team have ever seen".

This has blown my head to pieces ..... I find myself questioning every bit I know .... I went to the solicitors with him and they didn't mention domestic violence .... it was 3 counts of rape. They're now making him sound horrendous and as if he's lied to me.

This woman sold a love story idolising him to a woman's magazine and got paid for it back in march ..... she said nothing horrid about him in that ....

I really can't make any sense out of it .... I believe him, I always have yet that one sentence she said has ripped everything to pieces and I'm really struggling to cope with trying to make sense of it all x

This woman sold a love story idolising him to a woman's magazine and got paid for it back in march ..... she said nothing horrid about him in that ....
    Do the police know that?! And do you have a copy of the article? Could come in very useful later on. I wonder how much she got paid for it......

Re the domestic violence allegations, if they've never surfaced before, and with the article in the magazine hopefully the police will see this for what it is.

Having said that, if the police don't know about the article maybe best not to tell them, as they could ask her why she wrote it, and her answer cold be "he forced me". Better to ambush her with that at a trial, should he be charged.

As he was only interviewed in April, it's only been six months, a long time for you and him, but in the grand scheme of things, not a long time compared to others.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Sorry in advance for any typos but I'm doing this on my phone sorry.

He knew there was an article somewhere before this all came to light because a journalist contacted him back in December for a comment and told him it was going to be published. He never saw the article but it was in a premier woman's magazine.

The whole story unfolded like I previously posted ... I asked him if he mentioned the article and he incongruously mumbled about so much being thrown at him he may have mentioned it in interview along with other relevant **** she may have played on (he was previously falsely accused of groping a student 7 years ago but went to trial and was found not guilty within half an hour - she knew about this)

Anyway, 6 weeks post arrest his parents who live 200 miles away (he kept it from them not to worry them as his mum is unwell) contacted him as his ex mother in law had notified them about the accusations (she also said she believed they were false). It was then it came to light that his mother had a copy of the article that she found in her magazine - she's kept this and forwarded to us which we saw the entirety to it and passed it onto the solicitors - we asked should we give this to the police but were advised against it incase it goes to court .... The foolish woman has also realised some Facebook statuses from last year when she stated she'd publically outed her ex and a week or two later bought a horse ....

I have it all but God knows what use its been ... I think it may have broken us after today because that social workers one sentence is in my head ... And tonight he chose to not be with me .... How long can you really put up with this before breaking ???

Comment

No advice just massive hugs four days in, no interview yet and I'm already cracking up, cannot imagine what you are going through, you must be so strong xxxx
        Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Please do not apologise for typos. I am dyslexic and have to check and double check my posts. thank goodness for spellcheck.

Can you remember the name of the magazine and the title of the article? Don't write it on here of course.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thanks Lilyput. We've been really strong up until now it feels like it's finally starting to come between us which is the last thing I wanted. We've always tried to take it all on the chin and put into perspective but what the social worker said yesterday really ripped me up and got to me.
            It's not an easy position to be in and even harder considering I can't talk to anyone about it - no one around us has any idea that we're going through this.

It's the waiting game that's killing us - everything is in limbo and life to an extent is on hold. His items were all returned by the police and it just keeps being rebailed which makes us question why and if they actually have anything to go on or are they just dragging it out to seem proactive.

Rights Fighter - yes I know the name of the magazine but can't remember the article title off hand. We do have a copy of it though

Comment

Working...
            X