Please help me, I'm at my wits end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me, I'm at my wits end

Hi All, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I am absolutely at my wits end and close to breaking point.

Two years ago, I met a girl on a dating site for over 18's. We saw each other for a few weeks, but didn't have sex. Then I went on holiday and whilst on the phone to her, there were certain inconsistencies in things she was saying. I asked her to be honest how old she was, and she said she was 15, and would be 16 the following week. At the time, I was 42. I felt sick and angry.

Upon my return home, she came over on her 16th birthday (she honestly did look about 19-20). She apologised, I let myself be led on, foolishly, and we did have sex.

About a week later she disappeared. It transpired that she ran away to Scotland, allegedly to be with a female cousin, but I found out a long while later she had gone up there to be with a guy, and had him done for sexual offences.

In March of last year (2014), I received a call from the Police. As a result of investigations, they wanted to interview me, due to material on her phone (unsure what). They interviewed me under caution, I explained the situation, and was released without charge. They said there had been no allegations. This January I received a letter from them saying that the investigation was closed but on file.

Then I started receiving calls and texts from the girl whom was now living in a care home in Wales. She said she was coming back to my town.
    She returned to my town, and I began seeing her, I wanted answers and closure. This alienated me form family members, but I wanted to know why she had lied. We struck up a kind of relationship, but she then revealed her true side. She is controlling, a heavy drug, weed and alcohol user, no intention of finding a job etc.

I kind of kept up a 'mock relationship' because I felt that she was a little unbalanced and wasn't sure how she'd react to rejection. Her family life is messed up, her family don't want to know her.

This week, I summoned up the courage to tell her it's over. She went absolutely nuts. She sat in my house, refused to leave, and called the police saying she had relationship issues. She was aggressive and threatening, and even said she would stab me. I managed to placate her and got her out of the house.

Last night (Friday 2nd October), I told her it's over. I had just picked up my 8yo son from school. Next thing, she's outside my house, telling me I have made the worst decision of my life, and was I sure I had made the right decision. She kept messing with her phone, smiling, and saying she would call the police and tell them everything (despite her telling them nothing had happened before she 16 previously). She told me she would injure me, and make it look like self defence. She was smelling strongly of weed and alcohol, and kept on how she was in control, and I was scared of her because she could ruin my life.

She was smiling all the time - even when she phoned friends to tell them she was crying, she was smiling / smirking. She then said 'oh, and I'm pregnant with your child' (which I don't believe, when she was in care she must have told me 3 times that she had been raped and was pregnant). She kept on how I had to 'make the right decision'. I told her, my 8yo son doesn't like her, but that wasn't enough, she said she hated him, and that I had to choose between him or her, and if I chose him, she will have me put in prison and he will lose me.

She also stated 'this is what happened with gordon, and I had him sent down', so she has obviously done this before.
    I have managed to placate her for the minute (she things we're back together), but I can't go on like this.

I know, I should have seen the warning signs early on and made a break for it, but something inside me liked the nice part of her (she could be really caring and loving when she wanted to), but she is totally crazy. If I break up with her, she said she will get her mates to 'make up sh!t and she will go along with it'.
    I am going to try and seek legal advice this week, I want he rto think everythings ok whilst I prepare my battle plan, but I know I will lose and end up losing everything.

What should I do? Short of hanging myself?
    Thanks for your patience,
    Desperate.
    Last edited by Casehardened; 3 October 2015, 08:28 AM. Reason: Adding paragraph line breaks

hi

Originally posted by AndyinSwindon View Post
    Hi All, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I am absolutely at my wits end and close to breaking point.

Two years ago, I met a girl on a dating site for over 18's. We saw each other for a few weeks, but didn't have sex. Then I went on holiday and whilst on the phone to her, there were certain inconsistencies in things she was saying. I asked her to be honest how old she was, and she said she was 15, and would be 16 the following week. At the time, I was 42. I felt sick and angry.

Upon my return home, she came over on her 16th birthday (she honestly did look about 19-20). She apologised, I let myself be led on, foolishly, and we did have sex.

About a week later she disappeared. It transpired that she ran away to Scotland, allegedly to be with a female cousin, but I found out a long while later she had gone up there to be with a guy, and had him done for sexual offences.

In March of last year (2014), I received a call from the Police. As a result of investigations, they wanted to interview me, due to material on her phone (unsure what). They interviewed me under caution, I explained the situation, and was released without charge. They said there had been no allegations. This January I received a letter from them saying that the investigation was closed but on file.

Then I started receiving calls and texts from the girl whom was now living in a care home in Wales. She said she was coming back to my town.
    She returned to my town, and I began seeing her, I wanted answers and closure. This alienated me form family members, but I wanted to know why she had lied. We struck up a kind of relationship, but she then revealed her true side. She is controlling, a heavy drug, weed and alcohol user, no intention of finding a job etc.

I kind of kept up a 'mock relationship' because I felt that she was a little unbalanced and wasn't sure how she'd react to rejection. Her family life is messed up, her family don't want to know her.

This week, I summoned up the courage to tell her it's over. She went absolutely nuts. She sat in my house, refused to leave, and called the police saying she had relationship issues. She was aggressive and threatening, and even said she would stab me. I managed to placate her and got her out of the house.

Last night (Friday 2nd October), I told her it's over. I had just picked up my 8yo son from school. Next thing, she's outside my house, telling me I have made the worst decision of my life, and was I sure I had made the right decision. She kept messing with her phone, smiling, and saying she would call the police and tell them everything (despite her telling them nothing had happened before she 16 previously). She told me she would injure me, and make it look like self defence. She was smelling strongly of weed and alcohol, and kept on how she was in control, and I was scared of her because she could ruin my life.

She was smiling all the time - even when she phoned friends to tell them she was crying, she was smiling / smirking. She then said 'oh, and I'm pregnant with your child' (which I don't believe, when she was in care she must have told me 3 times that she had been raped and was pregnant). She kept on how I had to 'make the right decision'. I told her, my 8yo son doesn't like her, but that wasn't enough, she said she hated him, and that I had to choose between him or her, and if I chose him, she will have me put in prison and he will lose me.

She also stated 'this is what happened with gordon, and I had him sent down', so she has obviously done this before.
    I have managed to placate her for the minute (she things we're back together), but I can't go on like this.

I know, I should have seen the warning signs early on and made a break for it, but something inside me liked the nice part of her (she could be really caring and loving when she wanted to), but she is totally crazy. If I break up with her, she said she will get her mates to 'make up sh!t and she will go along with it'.
    I am going to try and seek legal advice this week, I want he rto think everythings ok whilst I prepare my battle plan, but I know I will lose and end up losing everything.

What should I do? Short of hanging myself?
    Thanks for your patience,
    Desperate.
    Keep ALL those phone messages. If you've deleted any of them send the phone to a forensic company to retrieve them, small price to pay; and do it IMMEDIATELY before they get overwritten.

If anything does happen, you've got concrete proof that you've been set up. It might even pay you to go to the police first, you've got nothing to hide and tell them you might be in trouble.

It helped me. I was invited into a sexual relationship with a woman nearly 40, vaguely thought it was happening a bit quickly, but given our ages and the fact I'd known her before didn't think anything of it. Turned out she's a serial accuser. Gave the police my phone and they retriev ed the messages that cleared me.

Stating the obvious, but NEVER jump into a relationship till you know who you atre getting involved with.

Get those messages back. Do it now. Good luck.
    Stay strong

Comment

An update....

Well this has been a living hell for the last few days.

I left my phone off over the weekend, and she kept sending texts, one minute threatening, the next saying sorry. She also left a voicemail saying that she was sorry she had threatened to go to the police but was hurt because I had ended the relationship, and so she wanted to hurt me.

She was confronted by my ex (my sons mum) at the weekend, as she was hanging around outside my house waiting for me to turn up. She then called the Police, made no allegation, but told them we had been in a two year relationship and she wanted to say goodbye. They advised her that I didn't want any contact with her, and she left, but then reappeared walking up and down my street an hour and a half later.

I have stayed with parents all weekend, and am staying away with work this week as I don't want to go home. If this all blows over I am seriously considering selling my house and moving as I want to be away from these memories. I am a wreck, I keep breaking down in tears, and have started smoking. She has even been knocking on my neighbours door asking where I am.

Yesterday I switched on my phone for 5 mins to check for messages. I had a call from an unknown number, and (stupidly) answered it. It was her. She started to say she just wanted to meet me for 5 minutes to say goodbye, and when I said no, she started to make threats to make allegations again. She said she had told her social worker (I think it may be a care leaver as she is over 18), and had been advised to report it, despite having told the Police previously that I had done nothing, and that she had no allegations.

She says she is going to move away, and when I told her I was ending the call she said 'that's the worse thing you can do, think of your family'. I ended the call and switched my phone off.

I received a text a while later, saying 'Sorry, I will call later then you and I are done'.

I am seeing a solicitor later, for advice, but I am feeling destroyed. Surely if she has previously said to them I did nothing wrong, has apologised for lying about her age, and has said that she wanted to hurt me (mallicious allegation?), then there is no case to start with. Just an incident of a girl handling rejection very badly?

Please, your thoughts, advice and input are valuable.

Thankyou.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyinSwindon View Post

If the girl does now make any allegations, the police will be duty bound to investigate them (with all the resultant trauma for you) but the above will be of significance in deciding whether or not to charge as it will be difficult for her to explain why she did not make the allegations at that time (she must have been interviewed for her phone to have been examined)

As Jittery wrote, do hold onto anything that shows she misrepresented her age so as not to leave yourself open to an accusation of grooming (before she turned 16)
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hold on to any evidence you have and keep copies in a safe place. Unfortunately all you can do is to wait it out, and hope that the evidence you have is enough for the police to consider prosecuting her for waiting their time and attempting to PCJ.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
          X