Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falsely accused of sexual touching

Good morning everyone,

First, I will present myself, I am a 22 years old French man, living in London since now 2 years and a half.

Last Saturday, I have been falsely accused of sexual touching a woman in the tube. Here is what happened on this night.

My boyfriend and I went to have a drink with a friend in London, at around 9pm - 9.30pm we decided to go take the tube to come back home. Whilst we were in the escalator, a woman, about 50 years old, started to yell at us, saying that we sexually assaulted her. For me this woman was only crazy so I did not listen to what she was saying and told my boyfriend to go take the tube and ignore her.

However, she called the police who came, and told them that I (only me not my boyfriend) sexually touched her on the escalator. She said that I grabbed her breast and her bum repeatedly, and that she was telling me that what I was doing was wrong and I was laughing and doing it again.

Obviously what she is saying is not true, I did not even notice this woman before she yelled at us. Plus, I am gay, so even if it does not prove anything, I am not attracted to women and would never sexually assault anyone, whatever their gender.

She decided anyway to make an official declaration and I had been arrested had to stay in the police station, in a cell, the whole night, until someone could come for an interview. This is the first time that I am arrested, and I felt very stressed. The police staff were very nice to me, but it is an awful feeling to be accused of such awful things, be treated as a criminal, even if you know what you have done is not true.

After the interview, I have been released, but I have to come back in one month. They will in the meantime be able to check the CCTV that are in the tube station and show that nothing she said happened.

My questions is, when the police will be able to see that this woman is lying, what would happen to her? Does she risk something for such accusations?

I feel very bad since it happened, I can't sleep, and my asthma went very bad. Be treated as a criminal when you are not one, is an awful feeling that I can't handle that easily. This woman should understand that what she is doing is very bad, and if she did it to me, she will surely do it to someone else. This can't happen again, I think she should assume her acts, as she made me assume acts I did not commit.

In advance, thank you everyone for your answers and your support.

Really sorry to hear this. I hope the police will swiftly establish the truth and consider charging her with perverting the course of justice. I should think that the fact you are gay would be helpful in this situation.

For a lot of people they are NFA'd which means 'No Further Action'. I understand there is another possible outcome which is rare but is a NC (No Crime). I hope this matter gets resolved soon and you are able to obtain a NC.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. So If I understand well, when the police will be able to see on the CCTV that nothing happened, they will decide to say if it is No Further Action or No Crime, just by themselves. And only if they say No Crime, I will be able to go against her, and there are not a lot of chances that they will decide that this is a No Crime?

Comment

CCTV should assist.

These days there is very little difference between a "No-Crime" and an NFA. They generally mean the same thing now.

It's rare the the police will do anything to proceed with a case of attempting to pervert the course of justice (by making a false complaint) because they believe that this will stop real victims coming forward. Rubbish of course but that is the way things are.

She sounds like she's off her head (or WAS off her head alcohol or drug-wise).
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
        X