Falsely accused of rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falsely accused of rape

Sorry I don't no how to create my own thread.

My friend has been accused of rape. He's currently being held on remand. He has a record of violence (against men/usual fights) and he's absolutely petrified that there going to give him a custodial sentence for something he hasn't done,

Tthe basic story of it is that he was staying at an exs house and they all got drunk she walked him of to the bedroom had consensual sex they then had a giggle went into the front room

We're 2 friends were and had a cigarette and a chat then went back to bed

We're she fell asleep in his arms, her boyfriend came home and slept on the floor next to them

The next morning she offered him breakfast which he refused and went back to sleep

As the morning went on he woke up they had a chat were he said not happening again I've fell for someone else and it shouldn't have happened she got upset but the day went on she made him a roast dinner and then started to argue with her partner where my friend left to go home,

He didn't want to be in a row, she dropped his friends off at his flat and went home to her partner. The next morning my
    friend was arrested for rape and is currently being held in custody on remand.

What are the chances they will no he's not guilty? And if they did believe the lying cow how long could he looking at in prison?

Please I need some advice I can't let a lie ruin his life can anyone help or advise me ? X
    Last edited by Casehardened; 11 September 2015, 07:42 PM.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I've moved your post into a new thread (and edited it into paragraphs)
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Emma/Scott View Post

What are the chances they will no he's not guilty? And if they did believe the lying cow how long could he looking at in prison?

Please I need some advice I can't let a lie ruin his life can anyone help or advise me ? X
      It's difficult to say how far this will go. After a period of investigation (typically months) the case is passed to the CPS who make the decision on whether to charge. A lot of cases do get thrown out (NFA -No further action) at this point and let's hope this is one of those considering that there seems to be evidence of a consensual relationship that night. If he was to be charged, he would then be facing court but here again, there's a chance of being found not-guilty of course.

Sounds like there was quite a few people around at the time this happened, have they all been able to give statements to the police yet?

Comment

Originally posted by joe_3178 View Post
        It's difficult to say how far this will go. After a period of investigation (typically months) the case is passed to the CPS who make the decision on whether to charge. A lot of cases do get thrown out (NFA -No further action) at this point and let's hope this is one of those considering that there seems to be evidence of a consensual relationship that night. If he was to be charged, he would then be facing court but here again, there's a chance of being found not-guilty of course.

Sounds like there was quite a few people around at the time this happened, have they all been able to give statements to the police yet?
        Yes both witnesses have done statements, I also have proof that she is still one of his friends on Facebook, and I also have evidence of a phone call made from her phone the day after he'd had supposedly raped her, he rang me on FaceTime off her phone, were she was sat next to him eating a Sunday roast that she cooked for him..

I just don't get it ?!! How can he still be on remand when it is clearly lies ? X

Comment

Even though this sounds like supporting evidence the cps will always find a way to turn it around maybe they will say she was in an emotionally abusive relationship with him or dependent or **** knows what. The victim's never to blame for her actions and reactions in their eyes.

Still as mentioned there's witnesses so it will all depend on your and their credibility.if it goes to court it is more of a credibility and popularity contest.

Comment

He's currently being held on remand. He has a record of violence (against men/usual fights)

I just don't get it ?!! How can he still be on remand when it is clearly lies ? X
            It's unusual to be remanded in cases where it's one party's word against the other but it might be due to his previous record (did he get custodial sentences?)
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by thisisinsane View Post
              Even though this sounds like supporting evidence the cps will always find a way to turn it around maybe they will say she was in an emotionally abusive relationship with him or dependent or **** knows what. The victim's never to blame for her actions and reactions in their eyes.

Still as mentioned there's witnesses so it will all depend on your and their credibility.if it goes to court it is more of a credibility and popularity contest.
              She defiantly wasn't in an abusive relationship with him. They had a relationship a while before and she had a miscarriage, she kept asking him to try again but he said no I don't want a baby with someone I'm not in a relationship with and I don't see us being that way anymore, she then started pay fighting with him rolling around all over the floor and walked him off to the bedroom after a few drinks

Comment

To the cps facts dont matter. Its their statistics and that they get as many convictions as possible. This is what you/he have to keep in mind every time you interact with the authorities.

They might try make it look like he intimidated her or she was dependent etc .....
                Its their job to win and they'll do anything to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by thisisinsane View Post
                  To the cps facts dont matter. Its their statistics and that they get as many convictions as possible. This is what you/he have to keep in mind every time you interact with the authorities.

They might try make it look like he intimidated her or she was dependent etc .....
                  Its their job to win and they'll do anything to do so.
                  So you don't think it's looking good? And how long do you reckon he'd be looking at getting even tho he hasn't done anything ? It's horrific that innocent men go prison everyday for horrific lies! They ruin lives

Comment

He will be on remand for a reason. Could be related to the other matters or maybe the police believe he would be a flight risk or might contact witnesses.

We're 2 friends were and had a cigarette and a chat then went back to bed

We're she fell asleep in his arms, her boyfriend came home and slept on the floor next to them

Odd the boyfriend came in and saw them and then slept on the floor!
                    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Sorry that is not what i meant. Just saying they'll try anything to make her actions look justified.

I cant say whether it looks bad or good it is just too early - keep in mind he hasnt even been charged!
                      Tell your friend not to worry too much, there were witnesses around. . That is a lot better than other people's situation where its a matter of consent and it was strictly a 2 on 2 situation. Tell him about this forum and that this happens so much more often than he might think. And theres a way out. .. nfa, no charge, win in trials.... take his mind off thus stuff and make him laugh if you can. He needs that so much now.... also send him letters on a daily basis if you can to keep him entertainmed but do nit discuss his case in the letters. Are you close to the institution he is at?

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                        He will be on remand for a reason. Could be related to the other matters or maybe the police believe he would be a flight risk or might contact witnesses.

Odd the boyfriend came in and saw them and then slept on the floor!
                        I no its just not good he's so heart broken he's been an idiot in the past fighting ect but he's not a rapist, and exactly about the fella sleeping on the floor that's what's weird what the hell I'd go mad but that's why they argued and my friend went home and said it takes 2 to tango and she instigated it which the fella new as he walked out in a mood because of the flirting that's when then ended up sleeping together. She's always been in love with my friend and she must have thought deep down he'd want her when he made it clear he didn't that's when she rang the police with the false report against him. And I do write to him everyday and he rings me as much as he can for up dates and general chit chat. I visit as much as I can but its miles away

Comment

Hes lucky to have a caring friend like you. Maybe you're his life saver

Comment

That's what friends are for.. Well the way I was brought up anyways I'll stop at nothing to prove his innocence

Comment

That's what friends are for.. Well the way I was brought up anyways I'll stop at nothing to prove his innocence
                              I love this guy to bits. He's had the worst up bringing anyone could wish for, and I think because I was raped back in 2004 and the impact it had on my life that's why I'm so passionate about proving him innocent but more so proving her a lier. It's because of people like her that it made it difficult for real victims like me to come forward

Comment

Working...
                              X