Legal advice for false accusation - Cease and desist, solicitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal advice for false accusation - Cease and desist, solicitor

A few years ago I found out my girlfriend was cheating on me. I contacted her other boyfriend, exposed the whole thing, and we split. She retaliated by starting a rumour that I'd raped her when she was a minor. This was completely slanderous because I never even met her until a year and a half after the time she alleges. This can all be proved in saved online chat logs, which span the first couple of years of our relationship.

Although it was never taken to the police (yet), her and her family spread the rumour around all our friends and people we know that I'm a child molestor. The majority of our shared friends disowned her because they knew it was completely fabricated. She lost her friends and got married.

Since that, I've come into some quite extreme wealth. As predicted, the accusors family have noticed and I'm hearing they're again gossipping about me to people that I "got away with it". I know they're obsessed with money so I suspect they will try and make something out of this. I honestly think the accusor is holding them back because she knows I can prove it's made up.

What would be my best course of action?

Can I arrange a ceast and desist or something? I don't actually have proof what her family has recently said, just passed along info that's coming back to me through the grapevine.

Should I consult a solicitor in preparation of this escalating?

if you can afford to sue her for defamation then go ahead. However they may be consequences:

1: You could lose and end up paying her costs as well as yours

2: In retaliation she could go to the police and make the allegations formally and change the details (age) and you could end up in prison.

Having "extreme wealth" does not mean you would obtain the best defence. Most of the people on here have been NFAd or found not guilty using legal aid solicitors. I've assisted (and still assisting) people who paid out over £100K privately who still found themselves wrongly convicted.

By all means take legal advice, but make sure you go to a solicitor who will do the work and not just take your money.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I see what you mean, it could trigger them. My accuser would have to be completely insane to go to the police as she knows I have overwhelming evidence that would backfire on her. She made up the story as revenge and to hide her true history from her family (the relationship was hidden from them due to their strict religious upbringing- although all our friends knew). If anything I imagine her family would report it instead and not realize the storm they're creating.

But saying that I really don't want to have to be dragged through the mud in a police investigation because it'd hurt my business and reputation :S

I have to attend events every week where members of her family are present, the same ones who are spreading these lies behind my back. They do nothing but scowl at me, I can't stand them. They even admitted to others that the accuser "has been known to tell lies at times, but..."

Would Chris Saltrese be the recommended guys to talk to about this? Hopefully it won't come to anything but I don't want to be caught off guard if my accusers family get greedy.

Comment

Chris is a criminal defence lawyer, and as far as I know he does not practice civil law. You could email the office to clarify that.

info@chrissaltrese.co.uk
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Oh sorry, I meant regarding getting things in order in case this ever went to the police.

Thanks for contact

Comment

Working...
          X